Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pdeltoid
    replied
    Thanks! I should be picking up my TW this weekend, so I have been trolling. I'll post some info once I get it home.

Mark

Leave a comment:

• Darryl in Austin
    replied
    That is a flanging tool

Leave a comment:

• pdeltoid
    replied
    Hi - new to the forum. What do you call the tool you used in the first picture in post #14?

Leave a comment:

• Darryl in Austin
    replied
    I think I made a couple of mistakes and may have to grind out the body filler.

I primed the metal before I put the body filler on and I did not use water proof filler over my weld. Of course I read about these thing being wrong after I did the work. Anyway, better to find out now than after I paint.

Leave a comment:

• Ron in Indiana
    replied
    You don't need my article, you need to write one. Great looking job on the patch which I've done just like that. You have to love the panel flanger and mig not to mention the Clecos. One minor thing you may want to do on the next one is trim your patch a little smaller than the outside edge of the flange. This will give you more to weld to and leave more weld after grinding. Must be nice in a way to work outside like that. Hope you didn't get to many hot ones in the lap. Did you use regular filler or with fiberglass like Duraglas? The Duraglas has less chance to crack at the seam and is waterproof if there is any chance of a pin hole to let water in. Nice photography too.

Leave a comment:

• Darryl in Austin
    replied
    spot welded it in then ground it down primed it and used a thin layer of body fill.

Leave a comment:

• Darryl in Austin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Darryl in Austin
    replied
    Patched a panel today

Cut out a rust spot and filled it with a patch I cut off a spare door I had.

Leave a comment:

• 74w300uteline
    replied
    Ron, image is everything here in NYC

I'm trying to hide my soft heart of gold HAHA. I tried anger management but they were all *&^%$#@ jerks. Power Wagon therapy is much better, rubbing elbows with folks who don't have their hand in your pocket or are looking for the next angle. Thats why the Rallys are so great, being able to let my guard down for a few days a year.
    Rust is my bling!
    Overkill is just enough!

PS speaking of mean, tell Pieter that he owes me a 165 lb Kuvasz dog.

Leave a comment:

• Ron in Indiana
    replied
    I guess I should have gone to bed than to reply on that one. I wasn't reading what was written. The red 59 is belongs to our own Kevin in Rehoboth. It really is a nice former fire truck with single rear wheels. I have another one of those bumpers but it's not folded and welded. I added D rings to the front also.

Andrew, it's always about mean, nasty gnarly looking with you isn't it? Maybe some anger management is in order? LOL Just pulling your chain. ha ha

Leave a comment:

• 74w300uteline
    replied
    i want dragons teeth

just because they look mean. any idea on prices? don't have to be original. repros ok

Leave a comment:

• Darryl in Austin
    replied
    Matt,

Is the red 59 a w200?

Leave a comment:

• Darryl in Austin
    replied
    Ron,

That is really a cool custom bumper you put on you r TW. I am jealous.

Darryl

Leave a comment:

• Darryl in Austin
    replied
    Matt,

Thanks for the photos, and nice trucks.

I would like to see another photo of the grill guard. The ones I saw have 4 tabs that come down in front of the bumper where they are bolted through the bumper.

Darryl

Leave a comment:

• mattsoldmopars
    replied
    Dragon's teeth, Bumper guards, and Grill guards

Dragon's teeth, Bumper guards, and Grill guards are three totaly different things.

Dragons teeth are tow hooks mounted to the front bumper, and used for towing and pulling ect,,, these are pictured in the first photo.

Bumpers guards are pretty much for looks only. I am sure they were made/thought up to use for pushing or protecting the bumper. These are pictued in the 2nd photo. (Thanks for the pictue Kevin) Bumpers guards were available in sets of two or all four, and as far as the info I have seen were never called Dragons teeth.

And last, The grill guard which was use to protect the grill, and had nothing to do with towing, or pushing. Which is what the 3rd photo shows. This grill guard is missing the horizontal bars that go side to side on the grill gaurd, if you want to see a better piture of one I can get another one.

So to answer your ? Darryl, I am not sure how rare grill guards are? I have only seen 4/5 trucks with them, and 3 of them I now own.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X