315 fuel pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 315 fuel pump

Hello all i'm new here and starting on my first Power Giant 1957 w-100 and in desperate need for a fuel pump. I have looked at the spacers at hemi heads and have thought about going electric. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
    1967 W200.aka.Hank
    1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
    2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

During the Iowa rally my friend's fuel pump when out during the trail ride. We went to Napa for a pump but they don't list one for a 315. We had the counterman call their supplier and was told if we had the casting number they could recommend a pump. We couldn't wait so he installed an electric pump instead. It worked fine and he was able to take second place in the teeter board a short time after the install. He hasn't pulled the mechanical pump yet for a replacement. The 315 pumps have replacable diaphrams if they are available somewhere. I suggest the electric route or trying Napa with the casting number. The 315 is great little motor. What model truck is this in?

Comment

It is an a 57 W 100 It is going to need alot of work but it will be fun, This is my first Dodge anything project, after the rally this year it really got me thinking i need to build one.
      1967 W200.aka.Hank
      1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
      2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Try then and now auto at the link below for the rebuild kit

http://www.maritimedragracing.com/an...rts_cellar.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Iowanogre View Post
          It is an a 57 W 100 It is going to need alot of work but it will be fun, This is my first Dodge anything project, after the rally this year it really got me thinking i need to build one.
          I haven't seen a Power Giant project yet that wasn't fun, well there was one but that's another story,ha ha. Good luck with your project and keep a running jounal at the end of the day. I use a small ringed binder to record what I did, what was spent and how long it took for each job. It helped out on the last truck by looking back on what I did on the brakes so far. Plenty of before pictures along with the progress pictures makes things a lot easier to put things back the way they belong. If this is your first project figure it's going to take twice as long as you think it will and cost at least twice as much. All in all it's still worth it on that first test ride when you enjoy the satifaction of building something your self. Keep us up to date and ask questions we're all in this together. Ron

Comment

Kanter Auto has the fuel pump for the 315......$89.00 with a refundable $25.00 if you send them the old core...their website is www.kanter.com. Welcome to the PG world!....Kevin

Comment

Working...
            X