No announcement yet.

Mystery '59

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, This truck was a very rare find. I searched all over the place for a truck like this. It is a funny story.

I was searching for a good four door power wagon from any era. My goal was to build an old truck my entire family could enjoy. I have three boys, a wonderful wife and two chocolate labs, hince the four door.

The four doors are hard to find. I had spotted one in Reno, Nevada. Unfortunately I had missed the boat on an old Air Force unit. I was disappointed to say the least. The service units are more than not, low mileage good condition units.

After a few failed attempts I found one in the very tip of Idaho, Coure de Alene. My partner and I drove non stop from Denver all the way there, loaded the truck on the trailer and drove back non stop.

This truck is a U.S. Forestry unit order with a rare 383 engine with two upgrade codes documented on the special equipment tag. Extra cooling and the high horespower code. A very rare find I am happy with. The body was not in absolute perfect condition but not in bad shape. These things are absolute tanks and my kids love this truck. I was blown away that a pickup truck from 1965 could weigh 5900 lbs empty. It is a testament to the rugged Dodge heritage I so love from the old Power Wagons.

My 1959 was a find I ran across only two weeks after returning from picking up "Old Greenie". She belonged to a gentleman that had passed away with cancer. He was a welder and had ordered tha truck new. His wife had tried to donate it to the Shriners but they did nothing with it. I jokingly offered her $50 for it and her response was how about $150? I almost ripped my back pocket out grabbing my wallet. She mailed me the title and I towed the truck over to my shop. She is in amazing condition with the only issue being some punk kids knocked the glass out.

Life is good and I love my trucks, I also love sharing other peoples stories about their trucks. This is another fine example of things that bring perfect strangers together and make long term friends.

Keep wrenching and smiling............

Comment

Did you find your 1959 W200 pretty close to Denver then? I would give you double what you paid for it ;-))

I live 3 hours northeast of Denver, and about a 1/2 hour south of Julesburg.

I have a 7.5 pickup bed for your 1959 W200, if your looking for one??

Matt

Comment

I wish I could give you good news, Buuttt unfortunately I would not sale it. The truck has 46k original miles on it and I plan to add it to my collection.

I will let you know if I find one if you would like. I enjoy looking for them. When I traveled to Idaho there are tons and tons of old power wagons you can see from the road. I have often thought of going up with a trailer and dragging back anything I could. A guy could go crazy with all the stuff up there.

I am not over stating what I saw......

Comment

I am interested in the bed, can you send a photo?

Comment

Well I have a trailer that I have had 3 power wagons on,,, and the truck to pull it also. When do you want to leave?? I was in MT/ID twice last summer and saw more then I could bring home on my trailer. I plan on going back up there in the spring.

I didn't think you would want to sell your W200,, I was just throwing it out there kind of as a joke. You never know until you ask right??

If you want to see pictures of a bed send me a email mattsoldmopars@yahoo.com

I have three 1959 W200's, one is pretty much complete runs but no brakes, the other one is missing some parts but I have everything that one needs, and the 3rd one is in many pieces, and missing more parts then the 2nd one, but I still count it as a truck.

Talk later Matt

Comment

Matt do you want to part with the bed?

Comment

Originally posted by Thinair33 View Post
                Matt do you want to part with the bed?
                I've seen your Crew Cab over on Scott's site.... its really nice. That
                '59 is quite awesome too... quite a find for the money!
                John

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                  That Six-Pack reminds me of Minot AFB, Minot, North Dakota.
                  Bruce,
                  Did you spend a winter in Minot?
                  This winter in the mid atlantic states has been harsher than normal, but nothing like North Dakota I would imagine. I am from Nebraska originally, and winter was harsh there in the 50's.

Comment

Sadly I Did ;~})

I got there in October, left mid June. I wasn't that bad, but I recall several layers of snow/ice, dirt, in some places nearly 12 ft. tall. We used to walk to town, how far I can't remember, mid-way there was the bowling ally, we'd warm up, have a beer & continue on the town & the USO.

Comment

Fellows, I think I am going to sell the '59. I have been thinking that I have so many projects already and people are looking for these to restore. I ikind of feel she should go to someone that could love and protect her.

Man sounds like i'm giving my daughter away......

Anyone want to buy her? I will NOT sell her for parts. She is in good condition and I have a clutch and brake master for her painted with POR15 ready to install, also an ignition switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Thinair33 View Post
                        Fellows, I think I am going to sell the '59. I have been thinking that I have so many projects already and people are looking for these to restore. I ikind of feel she should go to someone that could love and protect her.

Man sounds like i'm giving my daughter away......

Anyone want to buy her? I will NOT sell her for parts. She is in good condition and I have a clutch and brake master for her painted with POR15 ready to install, also an ignition switch.
                        I would love to buy her, but if I mentioned buying another Power Wagon to my wife, she would have me committed to the hospital. If I so much as said one word about it, she would do it.

It would be that special hospital with a tall fence around it and barbed wire atop the fence. Men in white jumpsuits would implant copper electrodes in my brain lobes and throw a switch so I could never think of Power Wagons again. I would become a glum-faced little man with an IQ of 30 who sits around with a bicycle helmet on his head, eating big bags of Cheetos and chasing housecats with a garden hose.

She would do it.

Comment

Well I'm already there, they justy gave me a pump up garden sprayer to save on water......

Comment

Working...
                          X