On the road again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the road again

My Townwagon has had a knock in the engine for over 2 years and I finally got around to doing something about it. I bought another poly 318 at the Iowa rally this year for a transplant. We freshened it up with new freeze plugs after digging out the gunk in the block. Also added a new timing chain due to 5 degrees of slop and a skipped tooth. A fresh coat of paint topped it off before dropping it in the TW. I even got out the spray bomb for under the hood. This engine hadn't been running for several years but with a little coaxing it came back to life. The accelerator pump was stuck so I pulled the top of the carb to free it. It idles great and runs down the road like it used too. I'm glad to be able to drive it again and am planning a trailride for it soon. I will tear down the other motor to see which bearing is knocking one of these days. Looks like I'll have to do my fender patch repair on the drivers side and a few other spots too because rust never sleeps. At least I can drive it again.

on the road again

Hey Ron
    I got the D150 running good and if you are gonna have a trail ride in your Town Wagon I would like to drive down and have a ride in it, I haven't ridden in a Panel/Town Wagon since I rode in my grandpa's 50 Dodge Panel truck when I was a kid
    DB69

Comment

Tom, not a problem with taking a ride but the trail ride is going to be at Redbird SRV south of Terre Haute possibly on the 10-11 of Oct. You want to run your truck on the trails? We're not going to do the extreme stuff and will have a Durango and a Ramcharger in the mix among others. The TW will really haul even with the stock two barrel. I may sell my Weiand four barrel that was on the other motor. Glad you got yours all tuned up, the cold stuff will be here before we know it.

Comment

My Townwagon......?

And all this time I thought it was Pam's Townwagon....glad to hear she's back on the road,....the truck that is......

Despite its problems that truck saved you from one embarrising moment....if I recall correctly.....haha

Comment

Boy you just can't get away with anything without the paparazzi there to catch you in the act. LOL That was just a matter of needing a new battery. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Yeah it's "her" truck (wink). She can drive too so don't anyone think she can't. She hasn't been behind the wheel for sometime but all she needs a chance. It is great having it on the road again. I went for gas this afternoon and got a thumbs up from a guy in a ricer.

Comment

on the road again

Hey Ron
            I think I'll pass on taking my truck on the trails, I was thinking you were doing the ride by your place. In any case I am gonna be in Mackinaw City that weekend for a getaway from work
            Tom

Comment

Working...
            X