Went to an auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to an auction

Yesterday I went to an auction along with HemiBob from this forum. The auction was for a former upholstry shop who's own had passed away several years ago. This shop had been around for years so the inventory was very....special. If you were looking to restore something from the 60's or 70's this was the sale to attend. I was hoping to find the correct vinyl for the seats in the PG trucks. Although I didn't find the center fabric I did find a roll of the outer vinyl. This was a major score in my book. I now have enough vinyl to do several of the truck seats that need recovering. Bob bought two sets of pre-made seat covers for 57-60 PG trucks as well. I found a box of replacement drivers side seat springs for the 60-61 seats too. If anyone is needing these I can sell a few of them. I also bought a box of miscellaneous tools that turned out to be worth the bid. There were two 1960 Plymouth Fury convertibles on the block with one going for $11000 and the other for $3000. They were both original cars with 361 big blocks. The $11000 car ran very well after having sat since 1997. It was a good auction but a long day.

That's awesome!
    The oldest shops out here date from about 7 AM......= (

Comment

That's Funny Norm!!
      Not to high jack Ron's thread,but you must be doing better.
      At least you haven't lost your sense of humor,ha
      TGP
      WDX & Misc. Pics.
      http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
      "47" Dodge WDX WW
      "52" Dodge M-37 WW
      "54" Willys M38A1
      "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
      "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
      "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
      "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
      "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
      "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Comment

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
        Yesterday I went to an auction along with HemiBob from this forum. The auction was for a former upholstry shop who's own had passed away several years ago. This shop had been around for years so the inventory was very....special. If you were looking to restore something from the 60's or 70's this was the sale to attend. I was hoping to find the correct vinyl for the seats in the PG trucks. Although I didn't find the center fabric I did find a roll of the outer vinyl. This was a major score in my book. I now have enough vinyl to do several of the truck seats that need recovering. Bob bought two sets of pre-made seat covers for 57-60 PG trucks as well. I found a box of replacement drivers side seat springs for the 60-61 seats too. If anyone is needing these I can sell a few of them. I also bought a box of miscellaneous tools that turned out to be worth the bid. There were two 1960 Plymouth Fury convertibles on the block with one going for $11000 and the other for $3000. They were both original cars with 361 big blocks. The $11000 car ran very well after having sat since 1997. It was a good auction but a long day.
        That's Cool Ron!
        Old shops are closing every where. What a loss.
        Great that you found/bought everything you could.
        It helps keep the hobby alive!
        TGP
        WDX & Misc. Pics.
        "47" Dodge WDX WW
        "52" Dodge M-37 WW
        "54" Willys M38A1
        "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW

Comment

This really was a time capsule from the 60's-70's. The owner closed the shop years ago and left everything as it was. There were a number of unopened rolls of fabric and boxes of seat covers . I bought a stack of what I thought were vinyl tops for Jeeps but after opening the boxes only one is for a CJ-5. The date on the box is 1973. I tried to Google the company,White Automotive Company of Colorado Springs but nothing came up. So unless I can find an old dealers book I don't know what the others are made for. The vinyl and clear plastic windows are in original condition like brand new.

Comment

Ron,
            Did you try to google the part number on the box?
            Iv' e had lots of luck searching just part #'s
            Amazing the result's that come up.
            TGP
            WDX & Misc. Pics.
            "47" Dodge WDX WW
            "52" Dodge M-37 WW
            "54" Willys M38A1
            "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW

Comment

Tom I gave it a try, nada. I'll keep looking who knows something may pop up. Hope things are good on your end. It's really cooled off around here with chance of frost tomorrow night.

Comment

Ron,

Post some pics here on the forum. Somebody here is bound to recognize what they fit.

Comment

There used to be a company that made Bronco tops in Colorado, that maybe them.

Comment

I opened the boxes further and found that one top is for an El Camino, a Datsun pick up, a universal boat top and some other small pick up. Not many of any those around anymore. Haven't decided what to do with them yet. I can sell the CJ-5 top I'm pretty sure.

Comment

Put'em on Ebay....

Comment

Working...
                      X