Front axle steering knuckle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front axle steering knuckle

On my 59 W200 the left front knuckle is dry or close to it, right is a little low.
    Trying to figure where the grease went. The left brakes were a mess but the wheel cylinder looks like it was leaking so not sure. If I can believe the po it has about 22,000 miles on it; he had owned it since the early 60's.
    Looking at the manual it looks like a easy job to open up the knuckle and take a look, maybe replace the u joints and any seals in there.
    Is it as easy as it looks?

Thanks Ed

Originally posted by oldmopar View Post
    On my 59 W200 the left front knuckle is dry or close to it, right is a little low.
    Trying to figure where the grease went. The left brakes were a mess but the wheel cylinder looks like it was leaking so not sure. If I can believe the po it has about 22,000 miles on it; he had owned it since the early 60's.
    Looking at the manual it looks like a easy job to open up the knuckle and take a look, maybe replace the u joints and any seals in there.
    Is it as easy as it looks?

Thanks Ed
    If you have a service manual, I would say yes. It is not impossible that the truck never had that lubricant checked, as odd as that may seem.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Working...
    X