Santa came a little early for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santa came a little early for me

I received a very nice Christmas present via UPS yesterday. I got an ignition switch WITH a key for a PG and a grill insert from a 58 D800 truck. These are different from the other grills and only used on the 58-59 D700-900 trucks. I'm sure the designers of the late model Dodge pickups we all love used these grills as a basis for the cross hair grills. Here is a picture of a restored 58 tractor with a chrome grill like the one I received. I would love to chrome the same parts on Stubby but I will clean and paint this one for now. A big THANKS to Santa Steve in California for finding this piece. Can't wait to see how it looks on Stubby. Merry Christmas everyone.
    Attached Files

Not Naughty

I'm guessing you were a good boy?

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
      I'm guessing you were a good boy?
      Let's just say I haven't been caught LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
        I received a very nice Christmas present via UPS yesterday. I got an ignition switch WITH a key for a PG and a grill insert from a 58 D800 truck. These are different from the other grills and only used on the 58-59 D700-900 trucks. I'm sure the designers of the late model Dodge pickups we all love used these grills as a basis for the cross hair grills. Here is a picture of a restored 58 tractor with a chrome grill like the one I received. I would love to chrome the same parts on Stubby but I will clean and paint this one for now. A big THANKS to Santa Steve in California for finding this piece. Can't wait to see how it looks on Stubby. Merry Christmas everyone.
        That is a beautiful truck. I notice another Dodge along side of it. Where was this photo taken?
        Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

It was an all truck show and the picture was sent to me. I believe it came from Todd Wilson in Kansas. Yes it is a beautiful truck as is the Sweptline beside belonging to the same owner. There is just something about that style grill that I love. I can only imagine what the chrome would cost to do all that. I do want to have my header on the hood of mine rechromed.

Comment

Pretty Nice

Paint scheme to boot! Almost Christmasy?

Comment

That should look great on Stub........I always liked those grills too....

How about powder coat?....they have a chrome powder.....alot cheaper and some have stated that it looks alot like chrome too.... just a thought......

Merry Christmas to all..................

Comment

sturdy

those are some sturdy looking mirrors.

Comment

Originally posted by 74w300uteline View Post
                  those are some sturdy looking mirrors.
                  Yeah I'm thinking a set of those on the crew cab. Of course I'll have to reinforce the doors to hang them.

Comment

grill

Congratulations Ron, that's a sweet looking grill

Comment

Thanks Darryl. It had some "work" done to it in the past but I ground off the old bondo and worked it back into shape on the nose. As soon as I can warm up the shop I'll finish it. Nothing wrong with the stock 59 grill as it is but this one has an attitude I like.

Comment

Thanks Darryl. It had some "work" done to it in the past but I ground off the old bondo and worked it back into shape on the nose. As soon as I can warm up the shop I'll finish it. Nothing wrong with the stock 59 grill as it is but this one has an attitude I like.
                        Good luck warming up the shop Ron. Yours is a lot bigger than mine and it takes all day to warm mine up. I only wish I could get it warm enough to paint in.
                        Awsome looking grill. Have you used any chrome shops around here before and if so where are they? I have parts from the 68 GTS Dart that need chrome.

Comment

Bob, this one would require a lot of work and $$$$ to get it to chrome. I'm going to paint mine SandDune white like the rest of the trim. I don't know of any shops that do chrome in Ft Wayne but somebody must do it. I can close off the front part of the shop and have it warm with a salamander in no time. Still costs $$ to heat. If and it's a big IF I could get you into a paint booth on a weekend would you be up for it? I'll see if I still have some pull. The wife really wants "her" Dart. haha.

Comment

Bob, this one would require a lot of work and $$$$ to get it to chrome. I'm going to paint mine SandDune white like the rest of the trim. I don't know of any shops that do chrome in Ft Wayne but somebody must do it. I can close off the front part of the shop and have it warm with a salamander in no time. Still costs $$ to heat. If and it's a big IF I could get you into a paint booth on a weekend would you be up for it? I'll see if I still have some pull. The wife really wants "her" Dart. haha.
                            It dont matter if its chromed or not, it will make a great addition to the front end. I still have a little sandblasting to do on the cab before I paint so this weather is really a big factor for me.
                            Tell Pam i'm a few years away on the Dart, but as soon as its done she can park that bus over here and take it for a spin.

Comment

I think that grill is the one I'll have to get for my 61 town wagon

Comment

Working...
                              X