Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eckscellent1 View Post
    I think that grill is the one I'll have to get for my 61 town wagon
    Just FYI they are pretty scarce since they were only used on the big trucks 58-59 and not many left. Good luck on your search anyway. They would look good on a Townie and I might try it on my 64 TW too. I see you are a new forum member, welcome to the group.

Comment

Thanks, not new to the Mopar though. Have always had a love for the Power Giants, and this will be my first of my own. My Grandparents had a 57 D100 and then my aunt had it. I'm doing a full on custom with this 61 townie. I have a 92 cummins chassis I will shorten and then drop the body over it. So any help I can get would be really cool.

Comment

I'm into restoring them, never rodded one, yet. I believe someone has done a Townie with a Cummins but don't remeber who. Prepare to chop the firewall though from what I remember. Is this going to be 2 wheel or 4? How is your body? I've been known to work over a couple of Townwagons. Take plenty of pictures and keep a journal as you go along. It helps you and the next guy. Where are you located?

Comment

Little bit of cancer here and there, but not really bad. Front left fender eye brow, small spot on the bottom of the drivers door , inside at the rear on the driver fender well. I have a mint dakota box to use for a floor instead of wood. I'm going 2wd with this one, I think the 61 lends itself to the lower look. If it was a 57 4by would be the way I would go. I'm in Ontario Canada.

Comment

Working...
          X