Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KevinM
    replied

Heres a pic of the original door panels in my 59, as Ron mentioned theres a bit of embossing on them but somebody with talent and the right machine should be able to duplicate.
    If you interested I can email this pic and you can print it out as a guide to the fabricator......Kevin

Leave a comment:

• Darryl in Austin
    replied
    Originally posted by Duane Aldridge View Post
    Ron, first of all I did not bid on that truck down south, I have everything for the interior but has a couple of bad spots. There is a factory in Lafayette that makes cardboard like the panels but just wanted to see if there were repo's out there. I guess I can go down to the Boxboard factory and get some cardboard and make my own but just did not know how to paint or color the sheets of cardboard? Do you have any ideas how or what to use for the color I want, black. Jackie has got all that sewing stuff and she should be able to put the borders on easy enough, she would even embroider something on the panels if I wanted her too. Fleabag!!
    I had cardboard door panels made for my 59 PG and the cardboard came in the black color from the factory. Check with an auto upholstery shop, they should be able to order the black for you.

Darryl

Leave a comment:

• Jeff in N.Tx.
    replied
    Ron,
    Let me know if you are heading this way and we will get the spare room ready for you.
    I might have parts and/or a big Jeep, that need a haul north. Let me know if you come south.
    Jeff

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
    I didn't figure you did. I used a card board the use to make sleeper cab interiors for my TW. I used some on the 58 I did last year and just painted it with single stage enamel after a primer coat. I had a color custom made to match the 58 color which was close. I used Sand Dune white on mine. That cardboard is hard on regular sewing machines to sew on the vinyl edging so good luck. My wife embroidered TOWNWAGON on our door panels and sun visiors with her machine. Now if I can only get her to do my truck on a shirt. She made one but it needs to be downsized. The 65 is going to Texas.

Leave a comment:

• Ron in Indiana
    replied
    I offered but don't know yet. 1283 miles to Texas. I could try out my new Garmin GPS if I did go.

Leave a comment:

• Duane Aldridge
    replied
    65 w200

Are you hauling it down for someone? Fleabag!!

Leave a comment:

• Ron in Indiana
    replied
    I didn't figure you did. I used a card board the use to make sleeper cab interiors for my TW. I used some on the 58 I did last year and just painted it with single stage enamel after a primer coat. I had a color custom made to match the 58 color which was close. I used Sand Dune white on mine. That cardboard is hard on regular sewing machines to sew on the vinyl edging so good luck. My wife embroidered TOWNWAGON on our door panels and sun visiors with her machine. Now if I can only get her to do my truck on a shirt. She made one but it needs to be downsized. The 65 is going to Texas.

Leave a comment:

• Duane Aldridge
    replied
    Ron,

Ron, first of all I did not bid on that truck down south, I have everything for the interior but has a couple of bad spots. There is a factory in Lafayette that makes cardboard like the panels but just wanted to see if there were repo's out there. I guess I can go down to the Boxboard factory and get some cardboard and make my own but just did not know how to paint or color the sheets of cardboard? Do you have any ideas how or what to use for the color I want, black. Jackie has got all that sewing stuff and she should be able to put the borders on easy enough, she would even embroider something on the panels if I wanted her too. Fleabag!!

Leave a comment:

• Ron in Indiana
    replied
    Not to my knowledge Duane. I have original door panels in my 59 but no one has reproduced them due to low volume. The 59's were embossed but could be stitched to a close repop. I have a pattern for the headliner and need to get on reproducing them with the help of a friend. I'll let you know when I get something. Hope there is a center bar in yours to hold up the headliner.

Leave a comment:

• Duane Aldridge
    started a topic Interior supplier info needed

Interior supplier info needed

Is there any where a guy could buy a new interior kit for a 1959 Power Giant? Thanks Fleabag!!
Working...
X