Interior supplier info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior supplier info needed

Is there any where a guy could buy a new interior kit for a 1959 Power Giant? Thanks Fleabag!!

Not to my knowledge Duane. I have original door panels in my 59 but no one has reproduced them due to low volume. The 59's were embossed but could be stitched to a close repop. I have a pattern for the headliner and need to get on reproducing them with the help of a friend. I'll let you know when I get something. Hope there is a center bar in yours to hold up the headliner.

Comment

Ron,

Ron, first of all I did not bid on that truck down south, I have everything for the interior but has a couple of bad spots. There is a factory in Lafayette that makes cardboard like the panels but just wanted to see if there were repo's out there. I guess I can go down to the Boxboard factory and get some cardboard and make my own but just did not know how to paint or color the sheets of cardboard? Do you have any ideas how or what to use for the color I want, black. Jackie has got all that sewing stuff and she should be able to put the borders on easy enough, she would even embroider something on the panels if I wanted her too. Fleabag!!

Comment

I didn't figure you did. I used a card board the use to make sleeper cab interiors for my TW. I used some on the 58 I did last year and just painted it with single stage enamel after a primer coat. I had a color custom made to match the 58 color which was close. I used Sand Dune white on mine. That cardboard is hard on regular sewing machines to sew on the vinyl edging so good luck. My wife embroidered TOWNWAGON on our door panels and sun visiors with her machine. Now if I can only get her to do my truck on a shirt. She made one but it needs to be downsized. The 65 is going to Texas.

Comment

65 w200

Are you hauling it down for someone? Fleabag!!

Comment

I offered but don't know yet. 1283 miles to Texas. I could try out my new Garmin GPS if I did go.

Comment

Ron,
              Let me know if you are heading this way and we will get the spare room ready for you.
              I might have parts and/or a big Jeep, that need a haul north. Let me know if you come south.
              Jeff

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
              I didn't figure you did. I used a card board the use to make sleeper cab interiors for my TW. I used some on the 58 I did last year and just painted it with single stage enamel after a primer coat. I had a color custom made to match the 58 color which was close. I used Sand Dune white on mine. That cardboard is hard on regular sewing machines to sew on the vinyl edging so good luck. My wife embroidered TOWNWAGON on our door panels and sun visiors with her machine. Now if I can only get her to do my truck on a shirt. She made one but it needs to be downsized. The 65 is going to Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Duane Aldridge View Post
                Ron, first of all I did not bid on that truck down south, I have everything for the interior but has a couple of bad spots. There is a factory in Lafayette that makes cardboard like the panels but just wanted to see if there were repo's out there. I guess I can go down to the Boxboard factory and get some cardboard and make my own but just did not know how to paint or color the sheets of cardboard? Do you have any ideas how or what to use for the color I want, black. Jackie has got all that sewing stuff and she should be able to put the borders on easy enough, she would even embroider something on the panels if I wanted her too. Fleabag!!
                I had cardboard door panels made for my 59 PG and the cardboard came in the black color from the factory. Check with an auto upholstery shop, they should be able to order the black for you.

Darryl

Comment

Heres a pic of the original door panels in my 59, as Ron mentioned theres a bit of embossing on them but somebody with talent and the right machine should be able to duplicate.
                  If you interested I can email this pic and you can print it out as a guide to the fabricator......Kevin

Comment

Are you saying that is the original, factory interior door panel? If so that is a lot fancier than I imagined they would be. What is the material?

Darryl

Comment

My 58, W200 had these door panels. Some nice stiching, but not quite as fancy as the one in the other post.
                      Jeff
                      Attached Files

Comment

I believe this is considered the "Deluxe" trim package, the panels are covered with slightly paded vinyl....also shown is the original seat material.

My 57 W200 has a similar seat fabric but the door panels are more like a painted off white thin fiberboard with vinyl piping stitched around the edgeing.

Comment

Jeff,

I have seen your posts off and on for the past couple of years. I am in Austin, but pass through Denton pretty often to see my relatives in Oklahoma. I would like to stop in and meet you and see your trucks one of these times.

Darryl

Comment

Darryl,
                            Well, currently I do not have even one Dodge truck to my name. I sold the 58 PG to Terry Johnson, up in Iowa. It was totaled in his barn fire. Then, I rebuilt a 69 W200 for our son, who promptly decided he wanted a car instead. So, that got sold also, as it was not built to the style/look I wanted for myself.
                            Since then, I have been looking for "just the right truck", at the right price, and not too far from home. Have not found what I want yet.
                            I do have some nice full size Jeeps, (well, Chrysler does own Jeep too), that I am playing with until the right Power Wagon comes along. I have an 81, J10 Honcho pickup that I am almost done rebuilding, a nice original 80, J10 Laredo pickup that I am driving "as is' for now, a 78 Cherokee Chief that is licensed and running, and a 77 Cherokee Chief that is in need of major restoration.
                            These trucks are selling so cheap, unrestored, that i could not help myself.
                            If you get up this way, we can look over my Jeeps, and talk Power Wagons. Drop by anytime you are up this way. Would look forward to meeting you.
                            Jeff

PS: the attached photo is not very good, but shows somewhat, the seat material on my 58. I bought original OEM type upholstry material from a specialty shop out in Oregon, I believe it was.
                            Jeff
                            Attached Files

Comment

Jeff,

That is a very nice interior.

Did that burned 58 end up going to Ron in Indiana?

There is a '58 on ebay. It's out in Albuquerque. If you're looking for a Power Giant.

Darryl

Comment

Working...
                              X