No announcement yet.

Interior supplier info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The burned 58 PG was totally destroyed. Some of Terry's other trucks went to Ron for repair. My old truck was beyond fixing or salvage. Ron posted a photo of the "remains" on here one time. It was hard to look at.
    I have talked to the seller about the 58 in Alb. and came very close to buying it, before it went on Ebay. I am not sure I want to go with such a major project this time around. If it was at least in running condition, I would probably have bought it. That truck is a nice candidate for a total restoration I think.
    Jeff

Comment

I'll jump in here if I may. Kevin's truck does have the correct interior. The 58 panels are different from the 59's. Like Kevin said with a pattern the panels could be made close enough. The original fabric for the seats can be ordered from SMS Auto Fabrics in Canby, OR Go to www.smsautofabrics.com. They will send you two samples a brown and a black. It takes two yards to do a seat and this isn't cheap fabric but it is right on.
      Jeff's burnt truck is still in Iowa and it is beyond repair. I may use some drive line parts but the sheet metal is toasted. To bad too, it was a beautiful truck that I wish would have set next to Stubby at the Iowa rally one day. I'm working on another truck that was also involved in the fire. It's cab was burned out and I have a thread going about Crispy Critter here also. I'd like to see a line up of our PG's in Iowa once. Hope to have Crispy done for this years rally.

Comment

Power Giants in Iowa

Ron, I hope to be there with the 59 I just brought home yesterday, picked it up in Indy yesterday and drove back to my place, runs, drives and looks just great. Love how it sets and how the seat feels driving it. I need to know how to engage the dualamatic hubs so I can get it into the shop. snow and that incline it just spins on the driveway. I have never seen these hubs before and don't know how to engage them ? If anyone can explain how to engage them I wouls be grateful to you! Fleabag!!

Comment

Hey Duane,
          Cool!!!

Shot me a picture when you have time!

You pull the levers out at the opposite end of the round cam and rotate 180 deg and snap back into place.
          You MUST do both levers on each hub.
          Take care
          TGP
          WDX & Misc. Pics.
          http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
          "47" Dodge WDX WW
          "52" Dodge M-37 WW
          "54" Willys M38A1
          "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
          "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
          "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
          "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
          "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
          "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Comment

Dualamatics

Tom, seen your post on Joe's page, but do just the pins move or whole hub? And do you flip the pin levers all the way over? I'll get some pictures later and send you some. Real cold this am here how about you? Fleabag!!

Comment

Ya it's -6 but the record for today is -16 so were good,ha
              Pull the lever all the way over and rotate the pins,snap back into place.
              TGP
              WDX & Misc. Pics.
              "47" Dodge WDX WW
              "52" Dodge M-37 WW
              "54" Willys M38A1
              "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW

Comment

You boys are up early this morning for a Sunday. Tom is correct with the hubs and it make take a screw driver to pop the levers out if they haven't been out in awhile. The little dents pins will stick and may need cleaning. The pins should turn since they are in grease. I disassembled a set and removed the dents pins and springs. Be sure to wear your good reading glasses and watch out for the small set screw and spring.
                Glad you got your truck and it's running so well. Just my two cents but if it's as nice as it sounds it would be a shame to modify it. Not many good original 59's out there. You where going to do the 57 anyway right? Again just my opinion but it's like backsides, everyone's got one...

Comment

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
                  You boys are up early this morning for a Sunday. Tom is correct with the hubs and it make take a screw driver to pop the levers out if they haven't been out in awhile. The little dents pins will stick and may need cleaning. The pins should turn since they are in grease. I disassembled a set and removed the dents pins and springs. Be sure to wear your good reading glasses and watch out for the small set screw and spring.
                  Glad you got your truck and it's running so well. Just my two cents but if it's as nice as it sounds it would be a shame to modify it. Not many good original 59's out there. You where going to do the 57 anyway right? Again just my opinion but it's like backsides, everyone's got one...
                  I'm with you Ron.
                  But what do we know,lol.
                  Really a super nice truck.
                  Duanes new PG
                  TGP
                  Attached Files
                  WDX & Misc. Pics.
                  "47" Dodge WDX WW
                  "52" Dodge M-37 WW
                  "54" Willys M38A1
                  "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW

Comment

Stubby has a 230. Would I rather it was a 318 poly, sometimes. Would I swap it out, no way. There is something about the flathead as you're driving down the road with no radio or other interuptions that just feels good. I can do 60+ to run with the traffic but 55 is plenty. I have a poly 318 in my TW when I want to run faster but it's not the same as the 59. It's Duane's truck to do as he wishes, I'm not going to rain on his parade. With the help of Paul " Mr 4bt Cummins" Mierop he won't have a problem since this swap has already been done. Again good luck to you Fleabag and I know you'll enjoy a lot of miles with your Power Giant. And don't let them tell you it's not a real Power Wagon. We still have a way more roomy 3 man cab than those guys. Let the flaming begin. LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X