Announcement

Collapse

Profile Albums - Check if you have them

Prior to this update/patch, there was an issue which was preventing any private profile albums from being invisible to non-Subscribers. This has now been resolved, but affected albums are still visible to the public.
Please check your profile albums and update any private album's "Set Visible to" field to "Subscribers".
See more
See less

Scored a 58 D 500 cab and parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scored a 58 D 500 cab and parts

I won a bid on epay the other night for a 58 D500 cab, front clip, 251 engine with 4 speed and assorted parts. The seller stripped the truck to make a trailer out of the frame and 14' grain bed. The truck had 42,000 on the clock. The cab is in good shape with only one cab mount gone. It has a headliner, sagging but complete and good dash. The front fenders have been worked over by a hillbilly bodyshop and are still in doubt until I can take a grinder to them. They drove the truck home so the engine runs with a new distributor cap and points. The cab doors are excellent from what I can see with no rust on the bottoms or "bodywork". The engine will go in another 58 I have here. The cab will be stocked away for a future project or sold if needed. It was only an hour and 45 min away so with the great weather today is was a good day all in all. I got the entire mess steamed off and put away but it's getting a little crowded in the shop. If anyone needs an excellent two wheel drive gas tank this one's for sale. I have the cab mounts for the frame and the running board brackets too which may fit a D/W 300. Right running board is good, left is toasted.
    Ron in Indiana
Working...
X