seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seats

Since I threw my old seat away I would like to install some form of bucket seats in my 59 power giant.do you guys have any advice on what I can use?

If you can fab up mounting brackets almost any seats can be used, I have a set of front buckets I scavenged from a honda that are very comfortable but if I ever put them in a truck I'll have to make a base mount to get them up high enough... no big deal. For ease of installation seats from ramchargers/blazers/broncos tend to work pretty good, they're tall enough so you just need to drill holes and bolt them to the floor... it's easier if you can find two driver's seats. Because the passengers seats are often hinged to flip forward and allow access to the back seat, its harder to make your installation look symmetrical, if you care about that... they will work fine but usually require a spacer under the back of the seat to get the angle the same as the driver's side and there's no adjustment forward or back. Another possibility to look into is the "split bench" from a newer Dodge truck. I have seen them fit right into some older trucks, and if its a little too wide the center section can be removed to make individual buckets, they will have symmetrical bases and both sides will be independently adjustable. The most important thing is to find seats that you find comfortable and install them in such a way that it provides you with a comfortable driving position, if you are anything like me you will be spending a lot of time there.

Comment

Working...
    X