lookin at a w power giant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lookin at a w power giant

It's a 1960 with a poly 318, fenders are junk, needs a little floor work, not too shabby, box is a little rough, but its weird cuz it's a short box. Is that normal?

What is a hiding spot for rust?

Door bottoms, front lip of hood, front of both front fenders right over the headlights, front cab mounts, floors and trans. hump areas, bed side along bottom where wood fit into bed, both ends of cowl below front window, tailgate hinge area. That covers most of them, but I have probably forgotten something.
    Jeff

Originally posted by kensdodge View Post
    It's a 1960 with a poly 318, fenders are junk, needs a little floor work, not too shabby, box is a little rough, but its weird cuz it's a short box. Is that normal?

Comment

ya those r the spots i was thinkin about good deal thanks jeff

Comment

In Iowa those trucks rusted so bad above the headlights that the headlights would fall out of the fenders.
        Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Originally posted by kensdodge View Post

Jeff covered about everything. The good news is unless it's completely gone it can be brought back from the dead. The doors are the same as two wheel drives or can be repaired. The cab mounts, floor, bed angles can be patched or replaced. Mar-K makes all the angles, bed strips and wood etc. The rear fenders are the same from 53-85. The front fenders are a little more tricky. They are harder to find but there are a few left waiting to be found. I got lucky and bought top patches for a set of mine. A one time deal. I make a patch panel to replace the rear edge by the doors and include instructions. As for a short 6 1/2 foot box, yes that is a little more uncommon but not unheard of. If you can do your own bodywork and want a challenge then go for it. If you have to have the work done it will get pricey. I can offer help along the way if you do decide to get this truck. Any chance you can post pictures?

Comment

have to c what dads gonna do today he wants to pick it up and make it a driver . weve got a set of 1/2 ton axles 9.25 rear d44 frt all rebuilt have to get a hold of den for a set of fenders thanks guys . if he gets it will do but if we dont ill let yall know where it is .

Comment

Working...
            X