Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 57-pg

Hello,

As you can see by my post's I am new to this forum, I have a 57 PG that I aquired recently. Lots of parts needed to get this old girl back on the road so I am looking for sources, any help would be appreciated, engine and transmission parts are not a problem as I am repowering with a 150 Cummins and an Eaton OD box they are plentiful overhere and very reasonable on price.

I need a windscreen ( sorry, windshield) I read somewhere that it is the same glass up to 1978? is this correct.

Thanks for your time in reading this and I look forward to your comments.

Regards to all.

JG
    England

Yes, the windshields are the same through the 1978 Low Cab Forward Trucks, You need to ask for the LCF as those retained the same basic cab. The regular pickups/trucks went to a different cab and will not have the same glass in it. They are available stateside, however they are quite spendy. Not sure about international availability on them, expect shipping to be pretty spendy too.

Cummins and an Eaton trans sounds like a fun setup, as long as you plan on pulling a ton of stuff. I cant imagine it would be too fun for a daily driver, however I also cant imagine it would be much worse than a stock crashbox behind an antique V8.

Comment

57pg

Thanks for the info on the windshields Moparfreak'
      good detail from someone who knows his stuff!

I do indeed intend to pull a lot of heavy gear hence the proposed cummins combo, I guess all the fun is having one regardless of the setup, I have wanted one for 40 years, now it's here.

Never give up on your dreams eh!

Happy man, 58 years in body 18 years in head,

thanks again JG

Comment

No problem on the info. To be honest I am no expert when it comes to the Power Giants, heck I had never heard of them 3 months ago, I just felt that you could probably use the info that I found out the hard way. Good thing the hard way only cost me $30 and a few minutes to pull the windshield out. I was lucky to happen across a great used one for $50 so I feel I still got a great deal between the 2.
        Sounds like you have a plan started. Good luck and keep us updated!

Ben

Comment

Working...
        X