Power Giant headliner help needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Giant headliner help needed.

Fleabag here, I would like to get some help figuring out what the piece of headliner trim that goes from the door post to the BIG BACK GLASS in the power giants look like. If anyone has an original piece that they can take off and email me some pictures of it that would help. The piece I'm talking about goes from door post and then continues to the big back glass over and under it. I don't think that the original piece is very big but has to be shape funny to get around post then curves back sharply to get under rubber lip. Duane.

Headliner is still in the truck headliner but here a 2 photos of what it looks like.

Comment

Like I said need BIG BACK GLASS model not the small back glass model thanks anyway! Fleabag!!

Comment

Yes you did say big and in Big letters not that I pay attention but at least here is a photo of the small back window if anyone needs one.

Comment

No problem, I do the same thing! Fleabag!!

Comment

Sorry to be so slow

Duane,

The big window trim has a 90 degree bend toward the outside then another back towards the window. It's about 1 inch deep, at first glance I thought it was a 2 piece, but it's just a fold. I can take better pictures or maybe make a template if you need.

Dennis
            Attached Files

Comment

Iranch, that is exactly what I need to see, a template would be wonderful if you could, don't mess yours up trying to get a template. email me if you get one and I'll send you funds for the trouble and shipping. Duane. fleabag1@tds.net

Comment

Iranch, after thinking about it don't bother taking it off to make template, it might break on you, that cardboard gets very dry and crumbly. The place at the top where all the pieces come together, is that space just open? If you could get a closer picture where they all meet I think I can figure it out. Fleabag!!

Comment

Not that big of a deal

It all has to be pulled out and redone sometime. I took the picture that showed the best, the rest of the thing is in bad shape. I have 3 57's with the big back window and all need redone. I'll need the template myself someday.

More pictures. Let me know what you need.

Dennis
                  Attached Files

Comment

Dennis, I had tried to make that piece and mind looked like that piece but did not fit very well. I did not know how the top piece and that one would ever come together and at looking at your pictures it shows that there is a large gap in between the pieces, could stick a couple fingers up underneath it. If your going to pull it off anyway a template would really help me out. Fleabag!!

Comment

Space

Yes, there is a gap there. It doesn't go anywhere though, the rib that the top pieces attach to is just above the joint and shuts the hole off so the only problem is visual (looks a little cheesy).

I'll pull that poor one off the drivers side and trace it out today. PM or email me your mailing address and I'll send it to you.

Dennis

Comment

Dennis, please email me first at fleabag1@tds.net my email provider will not let my Mac do its thing until I receive an email first, have never figured that out?? Duane.

Comment

Forgot, my address is
                          Duane Aldridge
                          307 Vine School Drive
                          Attica, Indiana, 47918

Comment

Dennis, got the template today, thank's, is there any small parts that you need for your Power Giant's that I might have to repay you with? Duane.

Comment

Dennis, I have worked on the headliner, started by buying some card board but that stuff was to stiff and hard to form and get into position. Bought some ABS plastic sheet from a place in California and it worked out great, light easy to put a bend in it and has a hair cell finish that look's great solid black in color, this stuff is easy to work with, reasonable in price and will last forever. If you like I could post picture on Joe's forum for you to see? Thanks for the template. I used the same stuff on the roof and it worked perfectly, can not say enough goods about this stuff!! Fleabag!!

Comment

Working...
                              X