63 Town Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TW gas tank

I have a TW stock gas tank, patch panels, and many, many other TW / TP parts for sale. E-mail me with your needs. rockey02@msn.com

Thanks,

Jared Weeks
    Sumner, Wa.

Comment

Thank JW. Sent you an email.
      Dug into the brakes today, ordered all new parts. I'll be bending brake lines for a while but I'll have a nice new brake system.
      Checked out the entire vehicle this weekend and am happy to report that the two points in front of the front seats is the only place with rot. Everything I take apart is orange so I'm going to take a long shot and say the original color was Omaha Orange lol. Drivers seat still has the platform, Did they have hydraulic seats in the W100? Passenger seat is fold forward, Did it sit on a platform at one time?
      I posted pictures on photo bucket (see previous post), can anyone tell me what kind of back bumper I have?
      I've decided to keep the hole in the roof, I'm just going to do it better. I'm working on a strong secure lid that I can stow inside when I want.
      Hope you fellows can help me with my questions.
      I'll post more pictures as I make it transform.

Comment

Jared will hook you I'm sure he's a straight shooter all down the line. No hydraulic seats and the passenger seat is original. You need a drivers seat that sits on a platform which tilts forward also. The rear bumper is a homemade deal from the looks of it. Like I said Jared will hook you up with what you need. I don't know about that roof hatch but to each his own I guess. Omaha orange would be my guess also.

Comment

Well it's looking like I' m going to have replace all of the brake system. I ordered new master cylinder and all of the wheel cylinders. Brake shoes look brand new but its been parked a long time (8 years).
          What is a good brake line? I'm seeing lots of different types out there.
          No snow here, so no salt, just lots of rain. I'd appreciate any input.

Scott

Comment

I use Napa brake lines with no problems. Don't forget to replace the rubber hoses too since they may look good but can be plugged. With a good double flaring tool and a tubing bender you should be all set. If the shoes look good clean them up with a scuff of sandpaper as long as they don't have grease or brake fluid on the lining. One more thing remember left hand thread lug nuts on these trucks. Look at the ends of the studs to make sure for the R or L.

Comment

How do I find info about my TW? I've read about serial numbers but there's not much about extras. My TW shows the frame, frt axle and winch are all special equipment on the tag on the post. I have power steering but it's not working. I guess I'm trying to figure how original is my TW?
              Thanks for any input
              Scott

Comment

Thanks Ron for the info on the brakes. My local Napa didn't have anything but I found it on line. I've found some info on my TW but am going to have to dig deeper.

Comment

Working...
                X