?Braden question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?Braden question

want to drain my gear box on my LU2, it has a square plug what size square key is it?

Originally posted by jakenok View Post
    want to drain my gear box on my LU2, it has a square plug what size square key is it?
    If it's a square plug, you can't screw it out, but I'm assuming you are dealing with a standard NPT type plug with a square key drive. Let me say that there is a fairly high likelyhood that the plug may not be original equipment, with that said who knows what it could be? Original plugs are 3/4" NPT with 1/2" square drive, thus a 1/2" drive rachet or breaker bar will remove it just fine. If a rachet does not fit, then you will simply have to figure out what you have by taking a simple measurement and proceeding in accordance with the result.

Comment

lol, yeah kind of like me, a square peg in a round hole...

the Round plug has a square key hole, not half or 3/8s so, I'll have to measure. Thanks.

Comment

I have an odd size plug in the rear axle of my 59 W200. It takes a piece of 7/16" square stock to remove it. I use a short piece and a Cresent wrench to remove it. I should get a proper NPT plug someday.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
          I have an odd size plug in the rear axle of my 59 W200. It takes a piece of 7/16" square stock to remove it. I use a short piece and a Cresent wrench to remove it. I should get a proper NPT plug someday.

well, after filling mine, I seem not to have a hurried need to find a key that will fit the afore-mentioned plug, as the little bugger of a winch has shown me that it is quite capable of draining itself through the leaking seals.....

Comment

Working...
          X