1959 w300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1959 w300

I have a 1959 W300 with a 318 that needs engine rebuild. Where is the best place to find engine parts? Also need a steering wheel.

Originally posted by logear1 View Post
    I have a 1959 W300 with a 318 that needs engine rebuild. Where is the best place to find engine parts? Also need a steering wheel.
    In my experience it is good to buy your parts through your reputable machine shop. As some would say, you don't take your own eggs to a restaurant and ask them to cook them for you. A good machine shop will have quality parts available.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

If it is the original 318 poly motor, your best price is likely to come from an online/mail order vendor. If you wish to purchase from a local parts house, your best bet is probably NAPA, as far as actually being able to get you the right parts, although I have had varying degrees of success with Car Quest as well.

Is your steering wheel missing or just cracked? Repairing a cracked steering wheel with epoxy is a fairly simple procedure, providing huge chunks of it have not fallen off. Steering wheels up through 1968 or so appear almost identical, although I am not certain if they have the same spline count through all those years.

Comment

Originally posted by logear1 View Post
        I also have a 1959 W300 with a 318 that needs a engine rebuild. So we are kind of in the same boat.

Do you have any pictures of your truck to share? Or can you tell me/us more about it?

Thanks Matt

Comment

My 59 is a dually with a dump box and a pto winch in front. Everything works except the motor needs acomplete rebuild. My steering wheel spokes are broke loose from the hub, and 1 side window is cracked. Body wise its pretty good for the age.

Comment

Been having trouble with my computer, so Ihope this picture comes through.

Comment

I think you have to have a photo hosting website to post pictures here if your not a subscriber to the PWA magazine?

If you want you can email me a few pics of your truck directly to my email at mattsoldmopars@yahoo.com

I might have a steering wheel for your truck also. It would just be a used take out, with some cracks here and there, but the spokes would not be broken from the hub.

The side glass is flat glass, and you can have new glass cut for it at a local glass shop.

Matt

Comment

Working...
              X