Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you help me ID what years this trim fits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you help me ID what years this trim fits?

Ok, i forgot that I cannot post pictures unless I subscribe (I feel so ashamed)

Anyway, I pulled some "stainless" trim off of what i believe was a 59 D100 and was hoping to figure out if it would indeed fit 57-60 or if it is correct for one and not the other.

If you would like to email me, I can send pictures.

wally426ci(at)gmail(dot)com

replace with actual signs....

Thanks!!!!!

If this is the stainless trim that wraps the top of the fenders and onto the doors it will fit 58-60. 1957 has a one year only front end and doors. Do you have trim around the windshield? What are your plans for this trim and what condition is it in?

Comment

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
      If this is the stainless trim that wraps the top of the fenders and onto the doors it will fit 58-60.
      Actually, Ron, that it not totally true. 1958, 1959 and 1960 trim for the fenders and doors is NOT all the same. The only pieces of stainless trim that ALL three (1958-1960) years share, are the long pieces that mount on the upper part of the front fenders.

The two pieces of stainless trim for the doors are the same for 1958 and 1959, but 1960 trucks used stainless trim on the doors that was unique only to the 1960.

The little pieces that go on the front of the hood are unique to each year also. 1958's are different then 1959's and the 1959's are different then 1960 trucks as well.

So to summarize, if Wally has a complete set of stainless trim from a 1959 D100 for the fenders and doors. The hood pieces are unique only to 1959. The two large fender pieces, will fit 1958, 1959 and 1960. The door pieces will fit 1958 or 1959, but NOT 1960 trucks.

However, since Wally never stated if he has the fender and door trim from this 1959 D100 or the trim that goes around the windshield, we can only assume at this point. The stainless trim that goes around the windshield, was used from mid-year 1955-1960.

Matt

Comment

Thanks Guys!! I responded to an email before I checked back here so Matt in Colorado is interested in the trim. There was other stainless that looked like the hood pieces in the truck as well. I'll be heading back sometime soon to this yard in order to see if its still there.

If anyone is in Maryland, let me know. Its in Crazy Rays down in Jessup/Elkridge.

I have no idea on the rarity of this trim, Ive never dealt with these trucks...

Comment

Here is what the fender and door trim looks like on my 60 d300

Comment

Working...
          X