1960 dodge power giant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1960 dodge power giant

hey all, I was wonderin were do i get a power booster for my brakes i dont belive a newer master cylender will fit next to the clutch any ideas?

Are you looking to upgrade to a booster with a modern unit mounted on the firewall and the master cylinder a head of it? I don't know if that's been done or is possible with the clutch master right there. Original boosters were frame mounted under the bed with piping from the engine to the MC.
    Attached Files

Comment

I put a power brake/hanging bedals setup on my 58 W200 Power Giant. They came from a 1991, Dodge 1/2 ton pickup. I do not remember having to move anything much out of the way to do it, as it was an easy installation. However, your 60 might have things set up differently on the firewall.
      Jeff

Comment

I belive you can still get a simple firewall mounted booster kit from Uglytruckling , if not it should help to build your own.
        http://www.uglytruckling.com/Power%2...d%20MC%201.htm

Comment

60 power giant

Originally posted by Jeff in N.Tx. View Post
          I put a power brake/hanging bedals setup on my 58 W200 Power Giant. They came from a 1991, Dodge 1/2 ton pickup. I do not remember having to move anything much out of the way to do it, as it was an easy installation. However, your 60 might have things set up differently on the firewall.
          Jeff
          ya mine hade a frame mount on it it had been abandon. so mayby ill find one or look into that ugly truckling deal. and im sue our trucks are the same setup. yours is sweet by the way. ill post mine soon. does yours have a detroit locker? and if so does it click when cornering? mine sure does. i was unable to find a rebuild kit anywhere local?

Comment

If you have your original frame mounted unit it can be rebuilt... I had the one on my 58 done a couple of years ago. I cannot currently recall the name of the company that did it, but I do remember that they required the unit to be shipped to them and would not just sell parts due to potential liability issues if it was incorrectly assembled or some such thing. I don't remember it being terribly expensive and it does still work great. I will look and see if I can come up with the name of the company.

Detroit lockers are supposed to make a ratcheting/clicking sound when cornering, it's inherent in the design and means it's working (unlocking the outside wheel to let you go around a corner).

Comment

Working...
            X