1958 W100 Master Cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1958 W100 Master Cylinder

Does anyone have a suggestion for a replacement master cylinder for a 1958 W100? (Preferably dual circuit)

Are you planning to keep it under the floor or doing hanging pedals to mount it to the firewall? New ones are available in single circuit. I've never done a dual MC on these trucks. They did have brake boosters under the bed to help braking effort. These work very well. With a dual circuit you may get into a proportioning valve to balance front and rear braking.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
      Are you planning to keep it under the floor or doing hanging pedals to mount it to the firewall? New ones are available in single circuit. I've never done a dual MC on these trucks. They did have brake boosters under the bed to help braking effort. These work very well. With a dual circuit you may get into a proportioning valve to balance front and rear braking.
      Planning on keeping it under the floor. I found someone using a master cylunder from a C30 on an M37, but I'm not sure if the same idea would work on the W100. If we decided to go with single circuit, where would we source a new MC?

Comment

I don't remember where I read it, but supposedly an early '70's Ford F350 with drum brakes, dual cylinder should bolt-up.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Kay View Post
          I don't remember where I read it, but supposedly an early '70's Ford F350 with drum brakes, dual cylinder should bolt-up.
          Thanks for the suggestion! I'll look into it.

Comment

If that doesn't pan out there is a fellow PG fan in MN who resleaves the MC with stainless steel to avoid pitting and rust.

Comment

I lucked out,purchased a 59-D100 that has two M.C. cylinders that are rebuildable,but,I think I am going to send in My old ones and get them sleeved,just for the just in case.

Comment

Working...
              X