Cab rotisserie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cab rotisserie

With the number of trucks I seem to be doing and have ahead of me I finally wised up and built a rotisserie for the cabs. I used some steel I had laying around, bought some short cut offs and new castors. All total I have less than $150 in this extremely handy device. I can spin a cab like a Bingo machine and work on the top or bottom of the cab with ease. I wish I'd built one a long time ago. Anyway I'm now working a lot smarter and not harder. If you are doing a complete restoration I highly recommend going this route. Clean up to painting will be so much easier and the results are well worth the investment.
    Attached Files

Nice.

I have thought about building one myself. Be neat to see a thread for home built rotisseries with pics.
    I need one that's adjustable to fit several different cabs as well as the '38 sedan body.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
      With the number of trucks I seem to be doing and have ahead of me I finally wised up and built a rotisserie for the cabs. I used some steel I had laying around, bought some short cut offs and new castors. All total I have less than $150 in this extremely handy device. I can spin a cab like a Bingo machine and work on the top or bottom of the cab with ease. I wish I'd built one a long time ago. Anyway I'm now working a lot smarter and not harder. If you are doing a complete restoration I highly recommend going this route. Clean up to painting will be so much easier and the results are well worth the investment.
      Nice job Ron!
      I will see you in Iowa, want to talk to you about the PG projects you have.

Comment

A little more light back in the garage would be helpfull,for us snoopers anyway.LOL
        Nice job on the rotisserie,I am having a very rough time thinking about installing that rebuilt engine back into the 59 without doing a complete frame off,doors off,etc,sandblasting the frame and a repaint on that too.I do`nt have the money to be able to afford the paint and supplies to get it done so I guess for now it will be a install the engine,work out the bugs then start gathering supplies until I have it all together enough to do the paint job the way I would like to do it.
        I have a couple of other vehicles that`ll be requiring the same treatment,someday.
        And My Son asked Me"Dad,how many of those someday projects do You need."LOL

Comment

Chewie; I made mine to fit the PG cabs and have it adjustable for finding the pivot point. Once you have the base made the cross arms can be made to fit which ever vehicle you want to work on. A full on car rotisserie is another deal in its self.

Dave; Looking forward to talking PG's with you in Iowa. I'm not hard to find there. Look for the red 59.

Mr Marty; I took it outside because the shop is a mess. 5 trucks in there right now. With your conversion you'll want to mock up everything then blow it apart to paint. The cab rotisserie is THE way to go now that I have one. I scrapped the 57 COE because it was a pipe dream and I have two other projects I want to do my 59 W 300 and a 65 A 100 "Little Red Wagon " tribute. So little time and money for everything. Hang in there.

Comment

Oh Yes I will.LOL
            I do`nt like scrapping ANYTHING,even rusted out hulls is prescious to Mee,just ask My wife.LOLOLOL

Comment

I sprayed primer on the cab today while using the rotisserie. This the ONLY way to paint a cab. I spun it up on it's back to do the top, bottom and inside the cab. Then let it right side up to finish, this is so cool. Second coat was just as easy. I think I'll enjoy doing cabs more from now on. Well the sanding is still boring.

Comment

Working...
              X