engine mount wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine mount wanted

Hi, I got a 1960 D200 with a 318 poly engine. I`m trying to find a front engine mount bracket, this bracket bolted on the front cross member, and then bolted on the engine block just below the water pump. Any help in locating a bracket would be great.

I know exactly what you need I just don't have one. I could check at VPW during the rally to see if they might have one.

Comment

thanks that would be great.

http://www.allpar.com/mopar/poly.html

I've included a link to a site where you can see a picture.

Chris

Comment

Floating Power

Those are "Floating Power" front engine mount brackets and many variations were made for different engine/vehicle combinations. I believe I have one like the one in that picture but it is 4 hours away and I am not sure when I will next be going that way. I don't think they are particularly scarce.
        DavidGB

Comment

Front engine mount

You might try contacting the folks at "Then and Now." http://www.maritimedragracing.com/th...automotive.htm
          DavidGB

Comment

Thanks David I'll give them a try.

Comment

clittle,
              As I mentioned before, there are many variations of that type of mount. For example, the flat sixes in the WDX-WM300 series of trucks used that technique but quite differently shaped. Many early hemis also mounted with ones very much like if not identical to the one you need. The one that came with the 270 that I put in my Carryall looked exactly like yours. The picture of an early Dodge hemi at the same site you got your picture from shows this I believe. I didn't use that bracket because a Carryall frame is like a power wagon frame at the front cross member. I made my own and just used the rubber mount part which can be bought new easily. If you absolutely strike out let me know and I will see if I can get someone to search my store of parts in Maine.
              DavidGB

Comment

David Thanks, I'll make sure to keep you up to date. It is good to know there are guys like you out there willing to lend a hand. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                X