What is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this?

This is a bracket on the inside passenger rail of '57 Power Giant. It looks like a master cylinder bracket for right hand drive. See arrow in picture.

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/57powergiantpowerwagon

Your link don't work for me because I'm
    not signed in.
    I will take a wild guess though and say it's probably for a brake booster?
    Someone else may have a better opinion.
    Tom
    WDX & Misc. Pics.
    http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
    "47" Dodge WDX WW
    "52" Dodge M-37 WW
    "54" Willys M38A1
    "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
    "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
    "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
    "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
    "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
    "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Comment

Same here the link doesn't open to a picture. More than likely what you are seeing is the right hand drive MC bracket. That goes with the knockouts on the floor and firewall. These trucks are all set up that way for left or right hand drive. The bracket doesn't bother anything being there. I've never seen a right hand drive Power Giant.

Comment

Makes sense. Looks like the MC bracket. I haven't seen a right-hand drive, but I suppose they were prepared for any export market.

I'll try to figure out the link.

Comment

This link should work:

http://57powergiantpowerwagon.tumblr.com/

Comment

Yep that's what it is alright. Anymore pictures of the truck topside?

Comment

I added more pictures to this link.

http://57powergiantpowerwagon.tumblr.com/

Are there going to be any more Rocky Mountain Rendevouz?

I am also working with some other persons on a Classic 4X4 run - probably in Moab, UT during Easter Jeep Safari. It will be for stock or nearly stock classic 4X4 vehicles.

I will be submitting articles of my resto-mod to Gordon for the magazine.

Comment

Nice solid truck you've got there. Rare to find an original headliner especially a custom cab with a big back window. I just made one for a 57 this spring and will be making headliners and door panels for all 57-60 trucks. I have not found the perforated headliner material so save that if you can. A working 57 dome light with a lens is a big deal too. Do need inside door handles and window cranks, I noticed your passenger door doesn't have any. Also the escutchens to trim them and hold the pins. I have several in my parts stash. That bump on the right fender should pop out with some hammer and dolly work. An alternative to cutting the rims and welding would be to find a set of 17.5 tubeless rims. STA makes a nice tire in 17.5's. The thing I see with cutting and welding is liability if an accident were to occur and the lawyers found out about modified wheels. Just saying. Writing an article for the PWA is a great idea. I've written several in the past myself. Gordon will appreciate the article.

Comment

Good to know about the interior parts - I'll be contacting you about them, definitely interested. And the headliner and door panels, too. I don't know if the handles I have are original, but I do think they are pitted, though.

I'll look for some 17.5's. The STA Super Traxion does look interesting. I do want to get tires that are at least as tall as the 7.50-16 that are on the truck; slightly taller if possible. Definitely more aggressive than the highway tires that are on it. I have a stack of 235R-75-16's in the bed that I was going to mount, but tubes in radials on bias rims seem like a dodgy proposition.

Been thinking about the right fender and as I have a 6th rim, I may pound it out and then modify it to look like the left and mount an extra spare. If I move to 17.5's maybe not. I s'pose we'll find out.

Had the truck for a couple of years. Was all gung-ho about fixing it up, then other things pushed it way into the background. Now is time to get it going again. It is a driver and I do drive it on occasion, just need to make it better.

Haven't dug up the tag or put it in the air to count, but speed of truck would almost indicate a 4.89 axle ratio. Then again, after a tune-up, it might be able to keep up with traffic!

Was going to replace the carb with either an Autolite 2100 or a Rochester 2-Jet, but am going to stay with the Stromberg.

Comment

right hand drive

my 58 W500 has all the firewall knockouts and frame brake and clutch bracketry for right hand drive, good luck finding a right hand drive steering box though

Comment

right hand drive

Up in my neck of the woods is a 1 1/2 ton (41-46) Dodge that has RHD. Someone told me it was Canadian, for export. I don't know if that is true....

Comment

Working...
                      X