No announcement yet.

DrPepper's 57 TW PW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been looking at the gauge clusters from these guys for quite some time, they have a few of the common cluster assemblies for the Power Wagon, Power Giant and Sweptline trucks.

https://www.boeseengineering.com/Shop/dodge/dodge-truck
    1967 W200.aka.Hank
    1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
    2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Welcher PWA View Post
      I have been looking at the gauge clusters from these guys for quite some time, ...

https://www.boeseengineering.com/Shop/dodge/dodge-truck
      I like the change they have made to the 1941-1947 Dodge Truck Gauge Panels offerings since I looked at them back in 2011/12.
      I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
      Will
      WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
      1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
      1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
      1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
      2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Boese was tempting, I looked at there packages also, but wanted my shift position indicator and then looked at the price. Probably spent as much with the 2 hole saws I bought.

Comment

Got little more done... and need some old sheet metal. Windshield will be installed next week, both back doors have new seals, amazing. Dash board is coming along.
          Back story is this TW-PW it was a "Winter Rescue Vehicle" in Colorado. So, beside folding up the rear wheel wells to add dual wheels the PO installed an RV Propane Heater behind the drivers seat. Outside is the original air inlet and exhaust vent in great shape. I have questioned removing the heater vent or keeping it since I started. It won't be driven off road in -20F again, and the propane heater is gone. Keeping it tells the history of what it did, beside I'm not that good at welding patches that I would take on a body panel.
          Here is my request, I do not need a whole left inside panel only about 7"Wide x 10"High minimum, see picture. Eric suggested (thank you Eric) I see if someone had a TW being scrapped they could cut a chunk out of and save the freight. Don't want it for free, PM me if you want to discuss it. The other option I have is bend up some metal and make the patch. DSCN0009.JPGDSCN0010.JPG

Comment

Art I bought a Town Panel parts truck but haven't had time to really look it over due to my other projects going on. I'll take a look and see if the drivers side panel is good enough for what you need. Possibly just replace yours to save the welding. I can chop a section out of the outside as the truck is not worth restoring. Maybe we can meet up as we go west to the rally on June 5th?

Comment

LaSalle IL like the last time? I'd be up for it but may not be able to get away. Does my '57 Wagon inside panel have the same shape as your TP?

Comment

Art I have a panel for you and yes it's the same as yours minus the hole. LOL I can also cut out a chunk to patch the hole on the outside of your body. I'll have to see how hard it is to get it out to give you a number on it. Just FYI I can make you a headliner and front door panels too, just sayin

Comment

Super... The whole panel makes a lot of sense to me, and less work for both of us. I have made up my mind to "restore" the outside as much as possible to it's working condition in the 1960's. I'm going to keep the RV Heater vent in place and seal it up inside so it looks operational. Funny part is, the Hydro-Flame RV heater was made by Atwood Industries, local Rockford company that is still in business.
                  Instead of meeting up, I'd like to come out to your place in early July if that's OK. Give us both some time to get things done. I am not going to get to that part of the project for a while. Thank you.

Comment

Not a problem with a visit just let me know when

Comment

Door lock Retainer Clips, for the '57 TW. I have one OEM clip that's in one piece, rusted and slightly bent. Bought some for the cars, they are smaller and do not work. Is there a source for them?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X