Header Question - Stan's Headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Header Question - Stan's Headers

Stan's Headers has a set of headers for a 61-71 truck, with PTO, and Poly 318. I'm curious if these will fit my 1960? Are there any concerns here? Thanks in advance.

It is highly unlikely that they would fit. The Power Giant and Sweptline generations are completely different trucks. The frame clearance is much tighter on a Power Giant (58-60). Everything is different between the two.

That being said, I have not personally attempted what you are asking, so there is always the outside chance that they might fit, or be made to fit with some modification. If you have the money and time to spare it might be an interesting experiment. It would probably be cheaper in the long run to just have a set of headers built to your truck.

Comment

• Doc Dave
      Doc Dave commented
      Editing a comment
      On my 1960 W500 PG, which came with the stock 318-3 Poly, they had to slightly notch the frame on the driver side for the junction of the exhaust manifold and exhaust pipe. To me, that confirmed what Aaron and the late Mopar Norm said about the narrowness of the PG frame was compared to the Sweptine.

Thats a good question, do you have a photo of these?
    I know that it is a tight fit. In my mind they may, but it will take a very creative exhaust man to make the pipes work.
    1967 W200.aka.Hank
    1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
    2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Working...
    X