Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA. Trip

Just back from CA.
    Henry Bought a 500 and I jumped at the chance to go help him get it.

Littlerock CA.
    The sales man said it was in great shape and ready to roll.
    HE LIED

We got there early, had breakfast and waited for the lot ot open.
    While walking around the fence,we spotted it in the weeds......

Well there it was-- a battery and some gas down the carb, it fired up,
    poured brake fluid in the empty master cylinder,checked lights--has some.
    aired tires, and started off to parts house, 100 yards it dies,put in more gas,
    start and go 100 yards, change all the rubber hoses on fues system, 100 yards again,
    blow out line into tank and off we go, 1/2 mile, blow again, made it to parts house.

We route fuel lines to the other tank, grease 3 of the 4 drivelines
    fill 4spd, 3spd, and the transfer case.
    change the oil.

We are off -- it gets between 10 and 12 miles per gallon
    good for a W-500, will run 60+mph.

I lust after this 1961 W-500.
    It would look really good beside my 61 D-500.

so we made it to Tucson and it's new home, 500+ miles
    He let me drive it all the way.

It was a long pretty quick trip, I think trips like that are for the young in body,
    and not mind. Getting rested up now.

My cat didn't like being left alone---pulled a few letters off the key board,
    I've typed this 3 times now, had to use a pen to type the letter U as I could not find
    that one.
    Some pictures, there Littlerock,CA. and in Tucson,AZ

Link to some pictures, as I can't figure out how to post them.
    http://www.sweptline.org/forums/view...137414#p137414

Chances are the letters that the cat removed spell the cat's opinion of you!

Wish I had a W500. Congrats on making home.

Comment

fred's road trip...

FRED... road trips keep you young, they don't make you old... the wealth of EXPERIENCE makes the difference, it turns near catastrophe into laughs ( later, after the trip is finished)

last year, a close friend and OTR driver agreed to leave early on a Sat. morning from Detroit to Bumpass, VA.

an hour into our adventure, he informs me " OOPS, I forgot my driving glasses..." too late to turn around, I did a lot of driving that weekend and my friend played travel guide. WE DID see some pretty country...

you can rest later... stay young...hit the road

Comment

w-series in cedar city utah

I am currently working in utah, and came across a couple w series there was a 60 something 500 or 600 2wd (no motor) a w 300 with a spare cab , and a 200 2wd with the 383 and a 4 speed in real good condition. i got the guys business card I'll try and get a link with pics http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m...ower%20wagons/ see if that works

Comment

vintage iron cont'd...

FTLdirtball... that blue cab looks PERFECT for its' age...off the ground not absorbing moisture and lower panel rot...

Comment

i opened the doors it looked good inside, and the doors closed perfect.

Comment

contact info?

Hey,
              I'm looking for a cab for my 67 W300, do you have contact info for the owner of the trucks you have pics of?
              thanks

Comment

Contact!!!

hey the owner of those trucks, his name is Ivan Matheson phone # 435-590-3369. He wanted to sell the yellow w-300 with the cab and the white 200 with it. tell me what you end up getting

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for making the connection, posting your pics, and helping to keep us all busy with truck projects this summer!

Comment

Working...
                  X