I need a lil help stopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a lil help stopping

ok i just bought a 67 w200 power wagon. i have got all new wheel cylinders now before i start tearing everything apart i wanna know what the proper way is to do the front drums. Do i have to take the hubs apart? or are they press on. sorry i am new to these old beasts i was a hot rodder before i fell in love with the beast that takes up my yard now. so any infor on front brakes is greatly appreciated. thanks a million

theran

What type of locking hub do you have on the front end?
    No matter what you need to take the 6 outer bolts out. Depending on the type of hub, there may be a snap ring on the axle holding the second part of the hub on. Once the locking hub is off you need to take the two nuts, lock washer, and bearing out to pull the drum off. If the drum doesn't come off, you probably should adjust the brakes down.
    Hope this gets you on the right track.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by 67warwagon View Post
      ok i just bought a 67 w200 power wagon. i have got all new wheel cylinders now before i start tearing everything apart i wanna know what the proper way is to do the front drums. Do i have to take the hubs apart? or are they press on. sorry i am new to these old beasts i was a hot rodder before i fell in love with the beast that takes up my yard now. so any infor on front brakes is greatly appreciated. thanks a million

theran
      The wheel studs pass through the drum and are swedged onto the hub
      so it comes off as a unit. You'll have to first remove the lock-outs [or
      full time flange, if so equipped] and then proceed like PowerMan has
      explained in his post.
      John

Comment

Working...
      X