67 W200 clutch options/dreaded header q's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 67 W200 clutch options/dreaded header q's

Well, finally got the small block installed in my 67 and now I'm already looking at putting a 440 in it's place. The same day we finished the engine install I found a great deal on a hydraulic big block setup. We had two test n tunes for the local truck pull club and the 318 did pretty well with a best pull of 301' followed up by a broken axle. The 318 just didn't have the low end power to get me off the line smoothly so I've got to really hammer into it which I'd like to avoid.

First, the clutch is what came in the truck so I don't know it's history but it does do fine for street driving and is 11". I would however like to find a performance clutch if one is made for the 10 spline 435, if nothing else I'll just give a stock 12" a shot.

Second, Just wondering if anyone's had luck with finding a set of headers that fit without too much hassle for a W200 hydraulic clutch big block. I had great luck on my 318 using a set of Hedmen 79030 Van headers. Had to bend them a few more inches, but they bent quite easily with a little heat. Best of all, they don't capture the starter in anyway, don't interfere with plug wires and plenty of clearance from the starter and slave cylinder for any concerns of heat.

thanks in advance,
    Corey

here's a link to a youtube video of the 67 in action after we got it up and running. I have a couple of videos from the test n tune pulls I need to get up sometime soon too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THTUCJ9VKFg
Working...
X