Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• correct engine paint color

Hi everyone,
    The LA318 from my 1967 W100 Is almost ready for paint. I have seen orange, red, and blue under alot of 67 hoods. Which is correct and where do I get it. Is the bellhousing and tranny (NP420) the same color? How thick and how many cans do I need? At the factory did they spray the complete motor all at once,(all the bolt heads and edges of the gaskets) or spray all parts seperately and then assemble the motor?

Any help would be great
    Steve

engine paint

I have a 62 and a 65 and both have what appear to be original engines and are painted a real ugly yellow. i am not sure what i am going to do as i am fixing up the 62 and was on here tonight trying to find info also.

Comment

Originally posted by racingmodracer View Post
      I have a 62 and a 65 and both have what appear to be original engines and are painted a real ugly yellow. i am not sure what i am going to do as i am fixing up the 62 and was on here tonight trying to find info also.
      Yellow is the slant 6 color.
      Red is the LA color.

Comment

I have a 1967 318 out of a Bevedere and its Blue. painted after assembly. I'm sure the truck would be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by hemibob67 View Post
          I have a 1967 318 out of a Bevedere and its Blue. painted after assembly. I'm sure the truck would be the same.
          Cars were blue, trucks were red...and as always with Dodge there are exceptions. My Poly was painted turquoise, listed as BB only in the chart above.

Comment

That LA318 would be red. Go with the paint Norm suggested. Do NOT....
            repeat.... NOT use Chrysler Industrial Red paint mfg'd by Duplicolor. It
            WILL PEEL OFF your engine in sheets. It is JUNK.

Later Sweptline LA318's [transition started in '69] were Chrysler Blue.
            John

Comment

Hi there and thanks for the help, I will get the proper yellow for the engine as I want it to look original. also if someone could help me a little as I would like to post a few pictures of the old girl. :) how do I go about that? thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by racingmodracer View Post
                also if someone could help me a little as I would like to post a few pictures of the old girl. :) how do I go about that? thanks again
                While there are ways to post a link to offsite pics, I'd suggest subscribing to the PWA magazine, which would give you full posting priviledges.

As for the actual how-to on getting pics up I tried once & it didn't work to well.

Bucky

Comment

Working...
                X