Power steering on a 1971 W100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power steering on a 1971 W100

So first post/question on here. I have a 1971 w100 stepside thats 4wd and as much as I love the thing.... I need power steering. The 318 thats in it has something blown or its cracked. So I'm working on getting a 360 for it and at the same time hope to add power steering. Does anyone know if they make a kit for this or somewhere I can buy the parts I need?

Thanks,
    Kyle.

There are no kits available for converting that to power steering. In fact, that is probably the #1 requested item from those who rebuild/restore the
    61 - 71, Sweptline series trucks. It is also very difficult to find an original factory power steerig set up. Besides, the factory setup was not all that good to start with.
    Jeff

Comment

try skinnier tires

the novelty of not having power steering wears off real fast. when I changed from sensible modern grippy all terrain tires, to old old 8 19.5 lug treads, driving the M884 became a pleasure. I wouldn't take it out on the highway or want to have to stop on a rainsoaked road but buzzing around to local car shows became fun again with the tall rock hard skinny tires.

Comment

Working...
      X