68 w200 brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 68 w200 brakes

Has anyone had any experience with the power brake system on a 68 w200.This truck has the normal booster at master, but also has what appears to be an auxillary tank under the floor pan on the passenger side. The vacuum line attaches to the same location as the booster. Any info would be appreciated. THANKS

I'm curious to see what the frame mounted setup is all about as well. My buddy just bought a 65 W200 with manual brakes. However, underneath the cab on the drivers side is a unit like what you describe. It's been disconnected at some point in it's life, but it's still got me curious.

Comment

power brakes

I have a '68 W100, my power brake unit is mounted on firewall with a bracket and the master cylinder is mounted on the power brake unit. One vacuum hose to the manifold. George

Comment

68 brakes

The info I`ve heard is the tank is some kind of storage to assist the power brakes. The hose that connects to the tank runs to the same connector on the intake manifold that the power brake booster does,so I`m assuming that it has something to do with vacuum.

Comment

68 brakes

I just had my vacuum booster rebuilt at a local shop, they have a pallet of the boosters if you want to buy one. You only need the one unit. My '68 WM300 has tanks underneath ( 2) , I wonder if this is what is confusing?

Comment

2 different systems?

It sounds like the truckin question simply has a vacuum resevoir put in with the factory PB firewall unit. the other trucks you guys are talking about have a remotely mounted POwer brake unit that also has hydraulics built into it. My 1 ton has that set up. Many cars used to run extra tanks to store vacuum maybe dodge had an optional tank on the 67 and up system?

Comment

Working...
            X