68 or what

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 68 or what

just lost my 73' and 76' pw due to a null contract it also cost me my 65' d-100. Well i just picked up what i was told was a 68' d-100, i was wonderin if anyone knew when chrysler changed the dashboard to the one with the plastic instrument cluster.cause from what I can tell the truck is a 69'. any info on the changes would help. I'll get pics posted asap.

The wipers on 68 & earlier are opposed, 69 & later are parallel.

bucky

Comment

A 69 will not have the small, square louvers in the rear corners of the hood. A 68 will have them. As I recall, the 68 does have the newer style dash.
      Jeff

Comment

'69 id

Well oreo, as far as I know, the '69 has the newer style dash as you described , it (changed in 1969) has newer style hood (changed in 1969). the '69's retained the '68 grille, the new grill was changed in 1970, so '68's and '69's share the same grill.

Comment

I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
          Will
          WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
          1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
          1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
          1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
          2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

the truck has the parrallel wipers and the body says that its a 69' but it has the ten digit vin # that was changed in 68'. in 69' dodge supposedly went to a 13 digit vin.im cleaning the frame right now to make sure that the cab wasn't swapped.

Comment

Working...
            X