Not sure if my motor is orginal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure if my motor is orginal?

I have a '68 W200 it has all of the driveline that John (Hobcobble) listed in another post, except it came with a 383 originally. I still have the 383, which I swapped out for a 440 that came out of a derby car. I plan to rebuild the 383, as I thought it was the original motor.
    The interesting thing is; it is painted blue. I see in another post that Norm says the engine colors for trucks are red and cars are blue. So now I am thinking it is not the original 383? or maybe it could be rebuilt and was painted blue?
    Any thoughts on this?

Thanks, AL

With Mopar ya never know!The 318A in the 66 D100 I'm parting out has red valve covers, the rest of the engine was probably red as well.

The original 400 in my 78 W200 was blue.

bucky

Comment

HEH ... like a box of chocolates eh?

Comment

The 68 W-200 I used as a donor, had an orange 318.
        I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
        Will
        WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
        1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
        1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
        1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
        2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

yeah funny eh? Orange! I guess as Norm says, the original colors were red and blue for the trucks and cars, but what happens is; as I think, it is really up to the person rebuilding them, as to what color they fancy, or have available? I have even seen black motors.

Comment

mystery solved.

So yeah, I figured it out,the color was painted like I said by who ever rebuilt it, and I seem to remember now, the guy I bought it from, said his father in law rebuilt the top end? With closer inspection, I see the red paint in places, under the blue. So it is the original motor. I never doubted ya Norm, just was wonderin what was up with the color of that 383? Have another Chocolate.

Comment

Working...
            X