New to the boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the boards

I just wanted to say hi, I have haunted the boards here for a while but I wanted to join because my next step in the ongoing '66 Power Wagon saga may be of interest to some and others may have advice for me. I am in (just started) process of removing the body from the 440 powered auto shifted 4x4 and planting it on my '92 C.T.D. 4x4 chassis. I will be keeping a photo journal as soon as I find a place to host it (dont think I can post pic's here yet)
    I have the '66 chassis listed on craigslist http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/pts/1537808935.html
    tell me if you think I am nuts, wish me luck, or tell me to give it up, I appreciate any feedback and cheers to a fine site, Chris.

welcome

Go for it!

Bucky

Comment

Does the VIN tag match the VIN number on the frame of the '66?
      If so, are you selling the VIN tag and title with the frame?
      John

Comment

It is registered in my name now and the truck will stay a '66, it will just have a newer chassis. I plan on keeping the '92 title as well just in case.

Comment

Not too much excitement yet, the body is off of the '92 and I need to do some mechanical repairs and maintenance to that chassis before I start the install of the '66 body. I need to install my rebuilt transmission(that is what started this whole thing) and new timing cover seals, rear main seal, oil pan gasket as well as a new water pump. These are all on the task list because they are just too accessable right now. One thing I see that will be challenging is the engine compartment of the '66 is about 3" shorter that the '92, and with no provisions for the intercooler in the core support. I started a photo set on Flickr.com to doccument the project if you care to follow this arduous task visually, my user name is 1960Phoenix.

Comment

Working...
          X