Carburetor: Carter or Other ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carburetor: Carter or Other ?

I have a 1968, 225, W-200. I have replaced the 1 barrel with manual choke once before. It runs like a top, then I store it for a year or so, and then it doesn't run at all.

Where is best place to buy rebuilt, or should I spring for a new one. And the hand choke cable I bought is just trashed after a year, used or stored.

Many more questions coming. I am new. Glad to be back with the Dodge-heads

how did you prep the truck for storage ? with any gas burner you need to add some kind of additive to the gas , and with your truck it would be easy enough to take the carb off and drain the fuel from it and even fill it with ATF
    gas breaks down over time and will corrode the inside of carbs , some times they will clean up some times they wont ! check with NAPA for fuel additive for long term storage !

Comment

check some of these cables out ! there are lots of places that have heavy duty cables - hydraulic shops , industrial supply houses

http://www.tuthill.com/admin/Documen...erformance.pdf

Comment

If your throttle body isn't leaking, go
        buy a jiffy kit and rebuild it. It'll take
        you all of an hour or so. Clean it out
        real well with a good carb cleaner as
        it is likely varnished up.
        John

Comment

Regarding the cable, I am not sure what you mean by trashed. Does it move with difficulty? Many times I have refreshed those by pulling the wire completely out, cleaning it and the outer casing, if it is a wound wire type, and then applying a film of grease to the wire and sliding it back in. They stay pretty nice that way.

Welcome to the group.
          Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Working...
          X