'68 Rear Windshield Gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '68 Rear Windshield Gasket

The rubber gasket on the rear windshield of my '68 W-300 is dry, cracked and starting to leak. Several large glass shops told me they were unable to get this gasket. Anybody know were I can get one?

Does yours have the larger window like the later trucks or the smaller version? Some years both were offered but I can't remember which.

I have heard of Restoration Specialties & Danno Enterprises on one of the Sweptline sites. Might google them.

Bucky

Comment

Big or Small

How does one know if they have a large or small window? Do you know what the approximate sizes are?

Comment

Originally posted by Denis View Post
        How does one know if they have a large or small window? Do you know what the approximate sizes are?
        The smaller ones haves several inches of surrounding cab metal. If you were standing directly behing the truck you likely would NOT be able to see much of the driver's head while he/she was seated in the cab, only maybe their right shoulder.

Large rear windows are very similar to modern truck cabs & expose most of the interior.

You have a W300 correct? & not a WM300 which is very similar (if not identical) to the truck depicted in this website's home page.

Bucky

Comment

www.sweptline.org & www.dodgesweptline.org are 2 excellant sites for the 60's trucks. Many members here are on those forum's. The latter I believe is moparnorm's handywork.

Bucky

Comment

Working...
          X