drivelines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drivelines

2nd time to form, last time plenty of help. Today make reg. cab into 4 door crew cab, orginol drive to short. took rear drive line drive line shop to make 1st section from transfer case, with carrier bearing. need another yoke for the rear axel, or u joint to get from something standard to the old dodge. is there an conversion u joint, or do ineed to find another driveline ? This is what i think my measurements are: 4.10 out to out, & 1.25 or 1.26 cap, my local frive line shop has been NO help. Any one have extra driveline for sale ? need the proper end

drive lines

any comments welcome, extending drive line for crew cab conversion, i need to have a carrier bearing drive line, then 2nd driveline w/ yoke to the rear end. need a driveline or conversion u joint. i think my u joint is 4.10 out to out of cup, cup diamater is 1.25 any ideas ??

Comment

I don't know where you are located, but Sadler Power Train in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, has always been able to help me with stuff like that. They know all the conversion joints and also sell yokes and related items. For example, they built my intermediate and rear drive shafts for my W300 when I put a 5-speed in the truck.

I always talked to John Sadler. He is the owner.

Otherwise, there must be one or more big shops dealing in drivetrain parts and also performing drive shaft fabrication.
      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

what rear end do you have ? any decent driveshaft shop should have what you need ! have you tried googling a yoke for what rear end you have ?

Comment

drivelines

I've got the drive lines done, H.D. detroit dodge yoke & u joint to 1410 style at carrier bearing, then slip yoke 1410, conversion u joint, then back to H.D. detroit dodge at rear end. 1st section drive line $255.00, 2nd section $275.00. In my conversion project started with 2 trucks, 1 @ $500.00 and 1 @ $1000.00. 1/4 my project costs are in drivelines. Thanks for the replys

Comment

Any pictures ??

Comment

Looks like you already got everything figured out. For future reference, the yoke series you were having trouble with is a Detroit 5380. I've seen references to that yoke also used in Dodge motorhomes. My 67 W200 runs the 5380 and it's comparable in size, not as wide but larger diameter bearing caps, to the 1410 which is a pretty strong joint. Inside snap ring to snap ring the joint measures 3.000" and the bearing cap diameter is 1.231". The 5380 joint itself takes some digging to find and even more digging if you want to go with the Spicer brand like I did, reference part number of 5-1301x. The 1410 to 5380 conversion joint like the driveline shop used is a little easier to come up with, a part number 2-3190 should be a Neapco part number for the conversion joint if you ever need a replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by plymsatellite66 View Post
                Looks like you already got everything figured out. For future reference, the yoke series you were having trouble with is a Detroit 5380. I've seen references to that yoke also used in Dodge motorhomes. My 67 W200 runs the 5380 and it's comparable in size, not as wide but larger diameter bearing caps, to the 1410 which is a pretty strong joint. Inside snap ring to snap ring the joint measures 3.000" and the bearing cap diameter is 1.231". The 5380 joint itself takes some digging to find and even more digging if you want to go with the Spicer brand like I did, reference part number of 5-1301x. The 1410 to 5380 conversion joint like the driveline shop used is a little easier to come up with, a part number 2-3190 should be a Neapco part number for the conversion joint if you ever need a replacement.
                Good work!
                Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Gordon,

Thanks for the compliments. As I've said before in posts, I plan on trying to gather enough of the info I've learned working on my truck, take some pictures and get it all sent to you to see what you think. Just finished my last final for the semester, headed back up to get some work done on the truck while I'm on break so hopefully that'll be my chance to finally get the pictures I need.

Comment

Working...
                  X