W300 ready to plow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W300 ready to plow

Snow season is upon us. I mounted the plow on my W300 the other day, adjusted the brakes, topped off the master cylinder. Now to care for the battery situation. The plow is very demanding on a single battery. The battery in the truck is getting weak. I am thinking of buying two new batteries and connecting them so I will have 12 volts, but twice the amperage. The alternative to this is to install an isolator (which I have), and use one of the deep cycle Marine batteries from my boat (which will be dormant for 4 months) on one side of the isolator to power the plow pump, and buy 1 new starting battery. Any thoughts?

Well,it's a little late now But I've always thought the all hydrolic Meyers plows that came on the '70's Sno-fiters were the best.

Comment

I just bought a W600 that has a plow set-up (minus the blade, gonna be looking for that). I haven't seen nor taken possession of the truck yet, But I can tell by the picture of the engine bay that it has a second battery tray from the factory/dealer.

When I get this truck I will know more about whats involved. I once had a fresh 440 with very high compression. I ran dual 950 CCA tractor batteries for the first couple of years, just to spin that tight hoss over.

As with anything Dodge related, wiring connections/grounds, etc are always needing attention to get optimum performance. I'd suspect an electric plow to be in the same boat as well.

Bucky

Comment

Saw your truck with the plow on it.

Hello i am pretty new to the site and am looking for a project vehicle to work on i would like to find a W200 truck, Town Wagon , Crew Cab or Power Giant. I live in Kimberly and would like to find something in state so i would'nt have to travel out of state. Would you know of a project for sale? .Thank You Rick

Comment

Rick. Here's a nice looking deal in Idaho. If I didn't have so many things to do I would buy it.
          Doug is a good guy. He lives in Genessee, Idaho, south of Coeur d'Alene.
          http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/2869416242.html

Comment

Working...
          X