Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Booster

Hi all,
    I spent yesterday crawling around the 63W200 Ambulance. I have went through a lot of the 50/50 mix. Acitone/Tranny fluid.
    I imagine I should buy stock in "POR15" Rust Converter before this is done.
    One of the things I've discovered is. brake Master Cylinder is shot. I am sure that the "Brake Booster" I found under Frame can not be much better. Where could i find a rebuild kit for such an Item?
    The old "Ambi" sure shows its age on the frame and sub-frame. I would like to get this thing Road Worthy before i start on the cosmetic stuff.
    Thanks,
    Larry

Check and see if NAPA might still reference these parts. On the flatfender, the brake booster was a Midland. Not sure about your truck. If it was me I would pull it off and get the number off it. Contact Power Brake Exchange, in Pittsburgh, PA. They rebuilt mine. They might be able to rebuild yours.
    ANother option is VPW but don't know about who does their rebuilds. Brake masters come up on ebay on occasion, or you could contact Midwest Military, or VPW.
    If you get the VPW master cylinder kit, ask on the forum for tips before you assemble it...it might need modification.

Comment

brake booster rebuild

thanks for the help. i called NAPA they send there stuff back to PA. est. around $300.00... ouch.
      I found a place in Seattle. they would not give me a price tell i send it to them. kind of scary. i May drive it down there end of Feb. i am taking my gal to the Eric Clapton concert the 26th.
      all the other master cylinders and slaves are pretty cheep in comparison. I can get them all from NAPA. I am getting a rebuild starter from Napa this weekend. only $57.00. way cheaper than a starter for a newer car or truck.
      thanks again
      Larry B

Comment

Working...
      X