Brake hoses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake hoses

So, I'm finishing up a complete new brake system for my '68 W200 but can't find a source for the engine compartment rubber hoses. You know, the ones that provide a flexible link between the master cylinder and the lines attached to the frame. Any suggestions?

dont think anyone makes those. if you found a dealer part umber you might be able to scrounge them up off a dealers dusty shelf somewhere but unlikely. If they dont leak I clean them up and re use them. some hydraulic hose shops will make brake hoses but many wont because they dont have the DOT cert or insurance to do it. you can tell the shop it is for offroad use only and then they might do it.

Comment

Just a thought but I've seen trucks that have a steel line to the MC with a coil loop in the line just before the MC. This allows for movement without breaking the line or fitting. The loop is usually 3" or so in diameter. Use a piece of pipe to form the coil.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks guys. I was planning on doing the loop-di-loop solution but thanks to your suggestion, found a local hydraulic hose shop that actually makes brake hoses.

Comment

good find. the loop solution is what they used on 1/2 adn 3/4 ton 2 wheel drive trucks. 4x4s and 1 ton and up 4x2 go the heavy duty hose solution. can you post pics of the new ones when you get them? I still have my originals but want to see what some new ones might look like.

Comment

brake hoses

I found some nice braided stainless hoses at a local speed shop, used them to plumb in my proportioning valve, they came with a/n fittings on the ends but you can purchase adaptor fittings to go to pipe, flare etc. They are commonly used on circle track and stock cars.

Comment

Some hydraulic hose shops will make as per sample.
              Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Working...
              X