'61 Townie wiring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '61 Townie wiring question

Greetings! New to the forum and just took ownership of a '61 D100 Town Wagon! It's all original, with the 318 Poly, but has been sitting for about a year. The lot where it sat had a few folks that borrowed some parts off if it and I'm a few steps away from having it start up.
    I had to buy battery and starter cables and seem to have everything there, but something with the wiring isn't right. With regard to the Starter relay switch, I have the connector facing the rear connected to the starter. The connector facing the front of the vehicle also connects to the solenoid on the starter as well as the positive terminal on the battery. The negative battery terminal is grounded to the engine block. I have 1 pink and 1 orange wire that connect ot the top of the relay switch with the pink toward the front of the vehicle and the orange toward the rear. To clarify position, image you are standing at the driver's side fender, looking down on the starter relay switch.
    Does this configuration sound correct? All of this stuff was either missing or disconnected when I got the truck. I have power because the lights, wipers, etc all work, just can't seem to get it to turn over. I'm waiting for my subscriber membership to go through so I can't post pics just yet.

I'll send you a wiring diagram.....PM

it's for a 1957 but they didn't change much in the TW's.
    Welcome aboard,,,!!!
    DrPepper

Comment

Thanks. Just emailed you. Also realized I posted this in the wrong forum... oops. Rookie!!

Comment

Working...
      X