318 front engine mount bracket for 1960 d200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 318 front engine mount bracket for 1960 d200

Hi, I got a 1960 d200 with a 318 poly engine, I am trying to locate a front mount bracket. This bracket mounted on the front cross member and then mounted on the block just above the timing chain cover just below the water pump.

If its a '60, you might want to post in the Power Giant section
    too.
    John

Comment

318 or 315 c.i...there is a difference

someone correct me if I'm wrong but the engines up to early '60's with the front motor mount came in 270, 315 displacement. When they changed the block configuration to side mounts the displacement went to 318. So, if you ask for a mounting crossmember for a 315 or 325 you may have better luck. The Allpar web site has a lot of basic info on the early engines.

http://www.allpar.com/mopar/poly.html

Best luck
      DrPepper

Comment

58 was the last year for the 315. 318's, both poly and LA, continued to use a similar style front motor mount on trucks (at least the W300's that I am familiar with) through the Sweptline series... so up to 72 I believe. I do not know if the LA and poly mounts interchange, or if the poly mount changed any from the Power Giant to the Sweptline series. All of the blocks I have seen for any of these motors have provisions for side mounts for passenger car use.

Comment

Yes my block does have provisions for the side mounts, but it would take a lot of work to fabricate something to bolt onto the frame,

Comment

My 65 W500 318 poly has the front "horseshoe" type mount.

It is my understanding that this mount wont clear the harmonic balancer on LA engines. I cant verify.

Bucky

Comment

yes you are right, I found couple trucks with the LA engine and the brackets will not work. The bracket I`m looking for looks like a up side down u.

Comment

Working...
              X