UTILINE FENDERS NEEDED / OTHER PARTS !!!!! and info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UTILINE FENDERS NEEDED / OTHER PARTS !!!!! and info

hey hows it going my name is gabriel gibson , im 21 and i have began to restore my 66 w100 , ive decided to keep my slant 6 as i think those engines are bad A** , im feeling very over whelmed and have been buying tools for the most part bought a hobart 140 for sheetmetal , anyway im glad i found this site . i have started with the rear end took the fenders off they are shot i need new ones does anyone know where i can find some ?

i also need cab mounts , and where to find some good floor pans the list in endless also i need cross members for my box because im changing the floor out my tail gate in in rough shape but its origional so im going to try to repair it any way i need

box cross members
    cab mounts
    floor pans
    *FENDERS*
    AND MORE
    if anyone has any or knows where to get em put up some pics i live in saskatoon sk ,
    any help would be much appreciated for a kid looking to restore a legend thanks

POR 15 frame - if you can notice my rear frame crossmember i left out its bent bad what should i do repair it or get a new one where can i find one ???

Welcome Gabe to the PWA forum. First the good news. These fenders are the same from 1953 to 1985 so there should be fenders in your neck of the woods. The bad news, the keyword is SHOULD. How bad are your fenders? I just brought back a pair from the dead for a project. Take a couple of pictures and we'll see if they can be saved, you'd be surprised what a hammer and dolly can do in a little time. You're on the right track with the welder. Go to www.mar-k.com for bed parts. They have a lot of what you'll need. For the rear cross member can it be straightened? Tie down the frame and use a bottle jack perhaps to get back into shape. What have you got to lose? Removing the factory rivets is not a fun job. Some of the others here can guide you on finding floor pans. I'm into the 57-60 Dodge trucks but have a soft spot for the Sweptlines. Stick around, ask questions, it's all good here.

Comment

ron thanks alot for the help and advice i will be sure to put up some pictures of the fenders tomorrow on the drivers side fender there is a cut out for the wheel all in that area is rotting out these fenders have been repaired before all along where it bolts on is shot with rust and falling apart on passenger side fender all along where it bolts o n a second peice of metal has been added and is now seperating fun stuff , this truck has been used as a logging rig in british columbia my dadd bought it off a guy was just sitting in his yard and needed some help 1000 buck ahah . but thats good news that they are the same fenders for that many years rite on. and yes i do beleive i will be making this a hobby so next project id like to go 57 power giant

and yeah im not looking forward on having to take the rivets out and it would be nice to figure out how to use the bottle jack method good thinking thanks again will put up more pictures tomorrow

Comment

Sounds like they are pretty well toasted. I have a set like that. The outside looks good but the flange for attaching them is thin or missing. I'll use them to patch Town Wagon rear fender lips since they match very closely. I'd like to pics if possible. I have no idea what you have available on your side of the border as far as salvage yards you'll just have to keep you eyes open. Leave word with the management that you are looking for parts and maybe you'll get lucky. For the bent cross member, is there a frame shop or body shop with a frame rack that could straighten the piece in your area. I just had a 57 W200 on a frame machine due to a racked and bent frame. It was a one day job for them . Think repair first before removing parts like cross members it may be a lot easier and you keep the frame's integrity in place. Is you truck a short wheel base with a 6 1/2 ft bed? It's a bit hard to tell from the pictures. The fenders are still the same either way. My first body work was repairing the doors on my dad's 68 D 200. Had little idea of what I was doing back in high school. I've progressed a lot since then. Enjoy the adventure.

Comment

hey ron hows it going , first off i will awnser yes it is indeed 6 1/2 foot bed short wheel base . and your probly rite i should try to get it fixed what actually happend is they hooked a chain to it to pull it out i presume and bent and tore the frame up aha fun stuff heres some more detailed pics
          this is the good side the bad side
          heres a top view you can notice its twisted - on the top side underneath the cross member is actually not connected to a rivet because it has ripped , because of this the box tilts to one side i need level ground and new shocks to tell how bad it actually is but i thinkk you are rite i should take it into a shop , how much did your repair cost ??

Comment

heres where they attached a chain to it :( that is the frame portion of this long post ahaha

Comment

Comment

Gabe, that cross member could be worked over with some heat and BFH but a more sensible way is with a pulling tower on a frame rack. That way it's more controlled and will place it back into it's correct position. The rust worms have been at work on your fenders. I see you have a spare tire fender. Those weren't made in later years to my knowledge which will limit availability. The edge could be patched if you have the welding skills and patience. The spare notch would be a challenge to patch. I'd look for a better pair. You could do away with the spare, my preference, but to each his own. Go to Mar-K for your bed parts. Top quality parts for sure. You may want to check on shipping across the border. Are you doing your own bodywork? What are you planning when it comes time for paint? Just curious.

Comment

this is my hood that unfortunately half an hour ago fell down and dented pretty bad where the two lines run down dented in :( what a pain now i guess i gotta fix it and put more hours in

Comment

ron i found a video on you tube of a frame pulling machine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfTyF...BCE&playnext=2
                    if you watch this and let me know so this is how they would do it hey ?

whats your best guess of how much it could cost ?

Comment

That sucks big time. I did one better and had an accident with a truck on my hoist. Crushed the driver's door AFTER it was painted when it slipped off the pad in the air. VERY expensive lesson which brought tears to my eyes. Had to prep another door for paint and rehang it. The truck ended up winning Best of Show at the Iowa Power Wagon rally last year.
                      Attached Files

Comment

This is what it looked like before I started on it. It's a 1958 W100 Power Giant that was involved in a fire. The remains of the barn it was sitting in front of are the burnt poles behind it. This was in Iowa several years ago. Cab and front clip were switched then fully restored. Don't give up hope.
                        Attached Files

Comment

wow ron thats very impressive , what a nice looking truck , yes as dissapointing as it is i will keep trucking should beable to smash the dents out . thats terrible about the door . as far as paint goes for me i was thinking about metalic copper with metalic beige although im torn because i like flat white with flat navy blue , airforce style , im not sure how to obtain a good flat paint job when me and my dad first got the truck i spray bombed it as a temporary fix . although i should really be looking to paint it origional or atleast colors from the time period i defenetly want to two tone it though , what would you suggest ?

Comment

Thanks that is one of my best restos so far. Take your time with the dent pounding so as not to stretch the metal anymore than it is. Colors? I lean towards the correct color for the year of the truck to a point. Still can't stand 1959 Buckskin Tan which is what my 59 was originally. I chose 59 Dodge truck Red with Sand Dune White. Anyway it's your truck so do it the way YOU want it. Personally I don't care for flat paint. That's just me. If you like it go for it. If you're not doing a "correct" restoration who cares? It should be whatever floats your boat. I will offer this like I do to everyone else just starting out. Take plenty of BEFORE pictures. This does two things, you have a record of what it looked like and you won't scratch your head as much wondering what goes where if you take it apart. Pictures have saved me plenty of times.

Comment

rite on ron , im glad i have found this great website , I need to subscribe and become a member . i was reading in the rally section . yearly event ? what are the festivities like ?, when my truck is done maby I will make the trek just shy of 2000 k for me it would be a nice oppourtunity to visit the states as I have only been to washington when i lived in BC , and thanks for all the advise its making things less hectic( upstairs ) for me hahaa
                              i just want it to turn out well. I just need to take the time also funds are an issue i have been going cheque to cheque for tools and parts :) .

a couple pictures of my first temporary fix done in late 2009

Comment

Working...
                              X