W-300 Brake Parts needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W-300 Brake Parts needed

Am working on the rear brakes of my '68 W-300. Found all the parts needed except for a hardware kit - brake springs and hold down parts. Have checked many sources and they all have listing but these are not what's on my truck.

I have 13" x 2 1/2" duo-servo brakes just as the service manual shows.
    Any body have a part number or source for a spring kit?

Did you already try NAPA PN# UP2243?
    John

Comment

NAPA kit

Yes, I tried that kit. It is different than what's on my truck. The brakes I have are the same as the picture in the Dodge service manual. It has the normal straight pin and single spring shoe hold hold down. The NAPA number and every other place I checked have kits with a curved hold down pin and 2 springs for each shoe; the brake return springs are also different.

Comment

Denis, i've done both ends of my w-300 over the past 2 1/2 years, and have used Raybestos products. I remember having a problem on one end, but don't remember which one. Here's a link to the part numbers for the rear brake parts.http://www.raybestos.com/wps/PA_1_SB...archCatalog.do
        Hope it helps. I'm not taliking about the front end this time! Doug

Comment

Parts

Thanks for the post. However the parts listed by rabestos are not the same as what's on my truck. Mine does not self adjusters.

Comment

I looked it up for a '66 and it doesn't list self adjusters for the older application, so maybe that's an option, or perhaps you can retrofit self adjusters, unless of course, you want to stay original. I can remember my Grandpa pulling the self adjusters out of his '74 W-200 and going " backwards" to the manual adjusters. Just a thought? Doug

Comment

Working...
            X