new used w200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new used w200

Just bought a 1971 w200, guy Said it is all original but I am.skeptical of the clearance lights and also the rear bumper is c channel, could some one point me in the rite dirrection as far as just finding some pictures of what the original parts looked like ? Thanks

Don't know about the Clearance Lights, but as for Rear Bumpers, most trucks of that era shipped with out them, and were dealer/customer installed. I know we used the same bumper on many of the late 60's through 70's Dodge Trucks.
    I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
    Will
    WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
    1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
    1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
    1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
    2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

I wondered That as I havent seen 2 trucks with the same bumler, im thinking I may use a late model truck bumper

Comment

well here she is brought her home a couple hours ago

Comment

Not a bad looking truck for a Sweptline. What are your plans for the truck? Don't suppose you could take that spare off to clean up the front end a little. Did you get a plow with it? The lights could be factory options.

Comment

The lights are cheap newer looking plastic so I still have my doubts, the blade was not included but the rest.of the old school mechanical setup is still there, it was a dealer installed option ( the guy I bought it from has owned it since 1973 and knows the gentleman who purchased it new) but I will not plow with it or drive it in the winter for that matter, I have a 94 1 ton ram with a 8' c plow and a v10 for that, I'm going to take the tire and plow setup off and paint it and drive it in the summers

Comment

Also I don't see a place on this forum anywhere for a "build thread" to show my progress with the truck ? Could I just make this thread in to that as I progress with this project ?

Comment

Originally posted by 1971w200 View Post
                Also I don't see a place on this forum anywhere for a "build thread" to show my progress with the truck ? Could I just make this thread in to that as I progress with this project ?
                You can start a build thread in this same forum, it is the W-series forum. You are in the right place. Welcome!
                Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
                  You can start a build thread in this same forum, it is the W-series forum. You are in the right place. Welcome!

Great, thanks !

Comment

Sounds like you're on the right track. Something I do and suggest to others is to take plenty of pictures and keep a journal of everything you do. Pictures ARE worth a 1000 words when you don't quite remember how it goes back together. They also leave a benchmark of where you started and the trip along the way. I use a small wire bound note book to keep track of what was spent and the hours it took on a particular job. You'll be surprised at how many hours a project will eat up by the time you're done. Where are located? Plenty of help out there who have been there, done that. No reason to reinvent the wheel if you don't have to. We're looking forward to following your journey and as Gordon said welcome to the family.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome , I'm located in sw Michigan, yeah I'm no stranger to time consuming, expensive projects lol, I have something like 12 trucks and maybe 5 are driveable not to mention the dunebuggy, 3 wheeler and my jeep you can see behind the w200. I'm looking forward to freshening this old girl up a bit to cruise around in it

Comment

Well you'll fit right in here with that stable full. I started with one truck, a 59 W 200 and now have more than time allows to work on them. There are a few Dodge brethren up your way. I'm in New Haven ,IN east of Ft Wayne.

Comment

Lights

The clearance lights usually came on w300s. But plow rig w200s often got them. One way to tell is to check the wire colors. If they match whats called for in a factory service manual thats a good sign that they are orig. unless the origs were harvested and replaced with newer reproduction lamps. There is a beautiful blue 1971 w200 with clearance lights on google images.

Comment

Found this on you tube, the cab lights look different than mine and aren't evenly spaced like mine either

Comment

Oops maybe I should post the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Rn7...e_gdata_player

Comment

Working...
                              X