Need help with clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with clutch

Ive been going nuts trying to figure out which pressure plate I have so I can replace it.
    It has a Borg Beck that measures just under 12" but I cant find any thing that matches up to the numbers on it.

What would be the part # for a stock 12" pressure plate ?
    Its a 435 , 1" 10 spline.

A whole host of things led to me pulling the 440 out of my 66.
    Now that its almost ready to go back in I found that the release bearing chewed up the fingers on the pressure plate.
    That part is my fault for not checking things out like I should have , I just put in the 1087 throwout bearing that I thought was correct.
    The three fingers are closer to the input shaft on this PP causing it to eat the fingers and the bearing.
    It hasnt been like that for too long becuse it was working fine , nice and smooth , no noise or vibrations.

I have a nearly new 11" 1433 setup that I could put in it .
    Would this hold up ok with a stock HP 440 ?

Thanks

William

I hear HR clutch has what you need. I don't know specific parts numbers, maybe Hobcobble will chime in.

Bucky

Comment

Thanks Bucky !

I tried to call HR but with the time difference I must have been too late for today.

Comment

Originally posted by WARWAGON41 View Post
        Thanks Bucky !

I tried to call HR but with the time difference I must have been too late for today.
        Bucky is correct. HR Clutch should be able to sort this out for
        you.
        www.hrclutch.com

I've purchased a few kits for a 318 but haven't [yet]
        bought one for a big block MoPar.
        John

Comment

HR clutch did a great job setting me up with what I needed.
          They recomended I stick with the 12".
          Very sharp on the older rigs , and concidering my engine combo was not original they had no trouble finding what I needed.
          Thats not something you see often these days with parts suppliers.
          Thanks for the help guys .

Comment

Any full service clutch shop should be able to help you if they have a knowledgeable guy working the counter. Just take your pressure plate in and you will probably walk out with a replacement. That is what they do for a living.

Ask at your local NAPA where they send their clutches. Mine recommended a shop that turned out to be just what I needed.

Comment

Working...
            X