Considering a 64 Crew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering a 64 Crew

I am considering picking up this 64 Crew cab and I wanted to ask what the problem areas are that I should look for. I am new to the Power Wagon world although I do have some experience in vintage Land Cruisers.
    This is a 4 speed 318 truck that runs, although it might need a rebuild/replace to make it better. No real rust that I can see. Has PS and PB I'm told.
    Comments welcome!
    Pics available once I can upload....

Thanks,
    Mark

When they rust it's usually in the following areas: Cowl, floorboards/steps, cab above windshield, inside bed, front edge of hood, across bottom of tailgate.

Probably going to have wiring issues.

Trucks with manual transmissions have hydraulic clutches. Master & slave cylinders may need attention, same for brakes.

Non drivetrain parts arent as common to find as Chevy/Ford of same era.

Good luck. Love crew cabs

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by MarkW View Post
      I am considering picking up this 64 Crew cab and I wanted to ask what the problem areas are that I should look for. I am new to the Power Wagon world although I do have some experience in vintage Land Cruisers.
      This is a 4 speed 318 truck that runs, although it might need a rebuild/replace to make it better. No real rust that I can see. Has PS and PB I'm told.
      Comments welcome!
      Pics available once I can upload....

Thanks,
      Mark
      They are great trucks, you will love it! Roomy cabs, lots of vintage character, and perform admirably as trucks were intended.
      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

What sort of price range should I expect?
        See the info in my 1st post. There are some dents from use as a truck but nothing catastrophic. The front seats are from some other truck, the dash has been cut, the rear axle is probably not original (I'm told), there is a significant intake or exhaust manifold leak (I'm told).
        It will need a clean up, some minor body work and paint. I can do the body work and will likely paint it myself too.
        I will not be able to see the truck in person before buying although it is coming from a friend of a friend - so I don't suspect any bad/misinformation.

Comment

Here are some pictures... ALL FEEDBACK IS WELCOME.

http://www.woytovich.com/powerwagon

Comment

Looks good

Rare to find one without the body line all bashed in.

Comment

Meaning this one looks good in that respect?

Comment

Yep

That stylish wave running down the side of the truck is usually squashed and mangled.

Comment

Looks like a good truck. Not too much rust it appears. Check the floors as those are usually the first to rust out. What would be your plans for the W200? Work truck? Diesel conversion? Restoration?... In any case looks like a solid start.

Comment

Working...
                  X