My Pie Plate 1975 D600 Dump Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Pie Plate 1975 D600 Dump Truck

Okay folks...put down the clubs and flares. I'm only the messenger on this one. We moved to a place with 1/2 mile of driveway so it was time to get a dump truck and a backhoe for road maintenance. My 78 year old neighbor has a large shale pit that they started digging in about 1964. I do odd jobs and help out therefore he insisted that I excavate and haul all of my own aggregate to repair my "driveway".

I ask around about backhoes and dump trucks. Crickets is all I hear for months...

Then one day my next door neighbor (3.5 miles up the mountain road) says hey I have a '77 Dodge D600.

I'm thinking alright we are more of a sweptline household but beggars can't choosers, right?

I show up and there is this:

Hey that'll buff out. lol Seriously what is the condition overall? Does it run, what engine does it have? Brakes will no doubt need some attention but from the angle of the picture it doesn't look totally rusted out. How about a couple more pictures?

Comment

Yes, more pictures. I like the big trucks. You can often find them fairly cheap. I have a 1964 International Load Star 1600 dump truck. Not a dodge but still real cool. It has 28000 miles on it and is an ex-firetruck so it is pretty much rust free. I paid $2500 for it and drove it home 200 miles. I see dodge dump trucks from the 50's-70's come up on craigslist often for under $2000.

Comment

Well, it is neither a 75 nor 77. That cab was used through the 1973 model year in the 500/600/700/800 series.

Yes, we love more pictures, big trucks rule!

Bucky

Comment

Working...
        X